North Korea(The Worship of a Totalitarian God)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 12:27 AM
North Korea(The Worship of a Totalitarian God)
I haven't been on in a while but I thought it would be a great way to come back into the community by talking about worshiping a God(But not one that flies, is made of noodles and has balls the size of truck tires but is visible, is human and literally controls almost every aspect of the subjects he control.)

Hopefully you guys enjoy this and what do you think of people who worship other humans as deities?

Also, sorry it is in parts.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2012, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 05:56 AM by Vosur.)
RE: North Korea(The Worship of a Totalitarian God)
(15-10-2012 12:27 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  [...] and what do you think of people who worship other humans as deities?
If they are forced to do so (i.e. North Korea, China, Third Reich Germany, etc.) they can't be held responsible for that choice, however, if they do it on their own (i.e. Thailand) it's mostly silly and potentially dangerous. There is no human deserving of worship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Oooooo, this looks like it would peek my interests for an hour or so.
When I get paid tomorrow I shall enjoy this over a nice cub of vanilla coke and some salt and vinegar crisps.

Quote:Hopefully you guys enjoy this and what do you think of people who worship other humans as deities?

Considering one of my life long goals is world domination, I suspect that god like worship comes hand in hand with achieving that goal.
So to answer your question I would respond with, I love all my subjects equally.

Quote:There is no human deserving of worship.

I beg to differ.
Erx's mom is a god in the sack.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-10-2012, 06:39 AM
(15-10-2012 06:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oooooo, this looks like it would peek pique my interests for an hour or so.

fixt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-10-2012, 06:48 AM
(15-10-2012 06:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 06:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oooooo, this looks like it would peek pique my interests for an hour or so.

fixt.

There, their, they're, no need to be a grammar nazi.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Interesting video. I wonder what they would choose to worship if taken to an American city? Would they fall in love with everything they see and be in a constant state of amazement and bliss? Or would they actually hate everything about America as they were conditioned to since birth? I'd love to see a TV show like "Breaking Amish" where North Koreans are taken to an American city to live for a couple of weeks.
[+] 1 user Likes CopperFish's post
15-10-2012, 07:37 PM
This video reminds me of one of the reasons how and why I eventually came out as an atheist:

The late, great Christopher Hitchens would often use the totalitarian state of North Korea as his example for how religion is truly ridiculous; basically this idea of worshiping someone whom you are both forced to love and fear at the same time. Someone who is so obviously cruel and uncaring but is still supposed to be praised and loved and NEVER mocked or criticized in anyway, upon threat of severe punishment.

For someone who can look at a country like that and see how much North Koreans are suffering and then look at how the people are forced to love and praise their leader and say "Well that's crazy, that's nuts, that's absolutely terrible!"
And then turn around and praise, fear, love, etc. . . .an invisible, celestial version of basically the very same thing. . . .is a complete contradiction! It makes no sense! I mean would you seriously rather be a slave to some unseen force as opposed to being a slave to someone you can actually see?!

Well, again, like Hitchens once said, comparing God and North Korean dictatorship:

"At least you can f*cking DIE and leave North Korea!"
[+] 3 users Like PeiPei22's post
15-10-2012, 09:07 PM
North Korea is a Monarchy - a religious monarchy. Do they have a "Juche" (the adopted religious/political philosophy) bible?
15-10-2012, 10:55 PM
(15-10-2012 09:07 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  North Korea is a Monarchy - a religious monarchy. Do they have a "Juche" (the adopted religious/political philosophy) bible?

All I know is that North Koreans love and worship their leader, but only out of fear. "Love me or suffer the consequences"

Sounds very familiar. . . .
15-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't like the unhealthy amount of worship that goes on there.

Aside from that, having everything provided for you for a life time makes it quite appealing.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post