North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice
(28-07-2015 07:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 06:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  South Korea would shred North Korea with or without our help. They would have the North Korean forces cowering in caves or surrendering en masse in a matter of hours.

I'm not impressed with a lot of our supposed allies, but the South Koreans I've trained with are of an entirely different caliber.

Really though... North Korea has the worlds largest standing army and they don't look that particularly outdated. I'm not saying we, the west, wouldn't kick some serious North Korean ass, I just don't buy this "it'll be over by Christmas" bullshit.

Sure, even if you do go all desert storm on their asses you gotta remember that this is a country so indoctrinated it makes Nazi Germany look like a hippie free love movement.

Side note: The article says that Kimmy says "..another war would lead to the annihilation.." Not, "we're gonna destroy America!!" Talk about click baiting.

The North Koreans are brainwashed, for sure. The problem is that their self proclaimed God is in fact flesh and blood.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-07-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice
Their equipment is crappy, Muffs ... and would you fight for a regime that has your mom hungry?

RoK would have air control in a day, air superiority in two or three, and air supremacy in a week. Granted that in that terrain it would still have some slogging, the battle would then devolve to soldierly qualities, and brainwashed soldiers don't make for the most efficient fighters. Morale and motivation are worth much more than, say, ammo type or tank-handling.

I'd rather have a good man with a knife than a weak man with a gun.
28-07-2015, 10:59 PM
(28-07-2015 07:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Their equipment is crappy, Muffs ... and would you fight for a regime that has your mom hungry?

RoK would have air control in a day, air superiority in two or three, and air supremacy in a week. Granted that in that terrain it would still have some slogging, the battle would then devolve to soldierly qualities, and brainwashed soldiers don't make for the most efficient fighters. Morale and motivation are worth much more than, say, ammo type or tank-handling.

I'd rather have a good man with a knife than a weak man with a gun.

Look at Afghanistan, Iraq, IS currently etc.. They use old AK's and stinger missiles from the 60's. If I get shot by a matchlock rifle form the 1500's I'm not gonna shrugging it off because it's 600 years old.

Granted their navy is literally comprised of some dude in an inner tube.

And I think you underestimate how brainwashed these people are. This is sell out your own mother level brainwashed. And I disagree that brainwashed soldiers make bad soldiers. the North Koreans can stand to lose more men than America.
Why did America lose Vietnam? Because the people back home were sick of the bodies piling up. That was against a bunch of gorilla fighters. This would be against the largest standing army in the world comprised of soldiers that would rather scoop their eyeballs out with a spoon than see their fat fuck leader harmed.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-07-2015, 11:22 PM
(28-07-2015 10:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Look at Afghanistan, Iraq, IS currently etc.. They use old AK's and stinger missiles from the 60's. If I get shot by a matchlock rifle form the 1500's I'm not gonna shrugging it off because it's 600 years old.

Granted their navy is literally comprised of some dude in an inner tube.

Firstly, there are no Stingers from the 60s.

AKs, sure, are a great design, but they're only as good as the man behind the trigger, and that goes, once again, to morale and motivation.

(28-07-2015 10:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And I think you underestimate how brainwashed these people are. This is sell out your own mother level brainwashed. And I disagree that brainwashed soldiers make bad soldiers. the North Koreans can stand to lose more men than America.

Brainwashed soldiers make awful soldiers. The reason is that a combat battlefield is a chaotic situation which cannot be preprogrammed, and where mistakes in tactics can cost battles, while mistakes in ideology can cost one one's own head. Brainwashing reduces initiative. One of the reasons the Germans were so successful in producing outstanding soldiers in the 20th century is that they devolved authority to the lowest possible level, and trained every soldier to assume roles at least one and usually two ranks higher than their brevet.

DPRK forces operate using centralized C³I and centralized decision-making processes, which is not an efficient way of putting ordnance downrange. Removing initiative from the soldier on the battlefield via "brainwashing" is a good way to hamper one's own forces.

(28-07-2015 10:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why did America lose Vietnam? Because the people back home were sick of the bodies piling up. That was against a bunch of gorilla fighters. This would be against the largest standing army in the world comprised of soldiers that would rather scoop their eyeballs out with a spoon than see their fat fuck leader harmed.

No, we Americans lost Vietnam because we had no interest in the country. However, South Korea has a very close interest in the events on that peninsula. An American loss in Vietnam wouldn't deeply harm us, as events afterwards showed true. The South Koreans, on the other hand, have everything to lose, and thus have much more motivation than we did 45 years ago.

Don't get me wrong: I am not arguing for any American intervention in a peninsular war, precisely because I think the RoK would kick the shit out of the DPRK. They wouldn't need our help. They are hardy soldiers, well-trained, and highly motivated ... and I personally am tired of Americans dying for other countries.
28-07-2015, 11:43 PM
If SK really could wipe out NK forces in a matter of weeks why hasn't it happened? Not buying that. SK *are* routinely threatened by the North and they take the threats seriously. Why if the North sucked so bad at war would the South behave that way? I think Muffs is more on the money. 'Sides which NK *does* have nukes, right? And they're definitely fucking crazy enough to launch them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Quote:Firstly, there are no Stingers from the 60s.

Not the point.

Quote:AKs, sure, are a great design, but they're only as good as the man behind the trigger, and that goes, once again, to morale and motivation.

North Korean army looks very well trained to me.
If a bunch of goat shaggers can use them to effect I'm sure a well trained army can make use of them in one form or another.

Quote:Brainwashed soldiers make awful soldiers. The reason is that a combat battlefield is a chaotic situation which cannot be preprogrammed, and where mistakes in tactics can cost battles, while mistakes in ideology can cost one one's own head. Brainwashing reduces initiative. One of the reasons the Germans were so successful in producing outstanding soldiers in the 20th century is that they devolved authority to the lowest possible level, and trained every soldier to assume roles at least one and usually two ranks higher than their brevet.

I said nothing about them being brain dead. There is a difference between being brainwashed and being a mindless drone.
You wanna speak of the Germans? How many killed themselves in those final hours? Look at the Japanese during WW2 for the kind of fanaticism I'm talking about.

Quote:No, we Americans lost Vietnam because we had no interest in the country.

And you think they care about South Korea?

Quote:and I personally am tired of Americans dying for other countries.

Exactly. And many many lives would be lost. You don't sweep aside 1.2million fanatical soldiers with ease.
29-07-2015, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 01:34 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Firstly, there are no Stingers from the 60s.

Not the point.

Facts are facts, you might wish to get them right, that's all.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  North Korean army looks very well trained to me.
If a bunch of goat shaggers can use them to effect I'm sure a well trained army can make use of them in one form or another.

Perhaps. But how an army is trained matters. How an army is motivated matters.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I said nothing about them being brain dead.

Nor did I.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There is a difference between being brainwashed and being a mindless drone.

Of course. But you're conveniently ignoring the culture inculcated by any command doctrine. When independance is rewarded by decapitation, the culture of the armed service doesn't tend to reward thinking outside the box. And on the battlefield, that means that the ability to respond to exigencies is hampered.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You wanna speak of the Germans? How many killed themselves in those final hours?

You have numbers? Let's see 'em.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Look at the Japanese during WW2 for the kind of fanaticism I'm talking about.

Indeed, they were fierce fighters. They died honorably. But they died, all the same. They died in the face of superior weaponry and soldiers who were equally motivated, better trained, and commanded with a more coherent doctrine.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And you think they care about South Korea?

You must not be paying attention. We're talking about RoK forces, not an American fight.

(29-07-2015 01:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Exactly. And many many lives would be lost. You don't sweep aside 1.2million fanatical soldiers with ease.

No war is easy. But the North Koreans don't have the capability to defeat the South Koreans. Full stop.
29-07-2015, 01:40 AM
(28-07-2015 07:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Their equipment is crappy, Muffs ... and would you fight for a regime that has your mom hungry?

Soldiers of the Red Army fought for such regime. Granted, Nazi policy towards them don't left them much choice, desertion rate was supposedly high and also there were commisars. But still they fought and if one regime can made it soldiers fought then other can too I suppose.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Quote:Facts are facts, you might wish to get them right, that's all.

And you might wanna remove the pole from your ass and check your tone.
Factual accuracy was not the point. And besides, they were first designed in 1967 so shove it up your ass, if it can fit up there with the pole.

Quote:Perhaps. But how an army is trained matters. How an army is motivated matters.

Yes and the NK army has been training for this since the end of the Korean War. It's the main purpose they have a huge army in the first place... They are very motivated, see Japan during WW2.

Quote:Nor did I.

"Brainwashing reduces initiative."

Quote:Of course. But you're conveniently ignoring the culture inculcated by any command doctrine. When independance is rewarded by decapitation, the culture of the armed service doesn't tend to reward thinking outside the box. And on the battlefield, that means that the ability to respond to exigencies is hampered.

Ehhh this is 2015, I don't think that's as big an issue as it was in the past. Communication is a lot better now.

Quote:You have numbers? Let's see 'em.

You can cram this up your tightly packed ass too.

Quote:They died honorably.

No they didn't. Not at all. They died being flushed out of holes in the ground by flamethrowers or being sent on suicide missions in their fighter planes. There's no "honor" in that. Honorable is holding the door open for someone or some shit like that. Nothing honorable about war, not a damn thing. ESPECIALLY the Pacific War. On both sides.

Quote:But they died, all the same.

And how long did that take? Not days or weeks or even months. It took nearly 4 years at the cost of millions of lives.
Millions.

Quote:You must not be paying attention. We're talking about RoK forces, not an American fight.

If NK attacked SK America would get involved.

Quote:No war is easy. But the North Koreans don't have the capability to defeat the South Koreans. Full stop.

The issue is not about win or lose, my issue is that you think it will be such a walk in the park.
I never said we (the west) would lose. I said, quote, "I just don't buy this "it'll be over by Christmas bullshit", that you're spouting.

You're ignorant and have too many things firmly lodged up your ass.
29-07-2015, 05:14 AM
If war were anything like a mass choreographed parade, we would have something to worry about.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ