North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 06:29 AM
RE: North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice
(30-07-2015 05:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Can I get a kim chi soup rice and side dishes? And some tea?
Kam sum nida.

God I love Korean food... I think I had more Korean food when I was in Chinathan Chinese food. Most of my classmates at Zhejiang University were Korean, and there was this little Korean restaurant just off campus that made this chicken kimchi stew that would probably be worth traveling to China for.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 07:21 AM
RE: North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice
(29-07-2015 06:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... So if they've got no friends and their army's so shit, why aren't SK and their neighbours taking them out?

Because it is in nobody's interest... Currently.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-07-2015, 08:46 AM
I think China would have a fit at the idea of a US ally sitting on their boarder. They won't sit idle while SK consolidates the country under one government. They may not like North Korea but they probably see it as the least bad option. That probably factors into any war plan as well.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
30-07-2015, 09:00 AM
(30-07-2015 08:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  I think China would have a fit at the idea of a US ally sitting on their boarder. They won't sit idle while SK consolidates the country under one government. They may not like North Korea but they probably see it as the least bad option. That probably factors into any war plan as well.

North Korea is nothing but a buffer state for China. If the Kim family ever got too uppity they would be removed and replaced by another dictator who knew to listen to China. China is fine with meaningless saber rattling as long as it goes no further, they will not go to war for North Korea but they would stop any invasion of their buffer.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-07-2015, 09:00 AM
(30-07-2015 08:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  I think China would have a fit at the idea of a US ally sitting on their boarder. They won't sit idle while SK consolidates the country under one government. They may not like North Korea but they probably see it as the least bad option. That probably factors into any war plan as well.

They would definitely throw a fit. They've worked hard over the past half century to create a buffer of countries without western influence. Tibet, Mongolia, North Korea, the reclamation of Hong Kong, and more recently the push to make Taiwan more Chinese, so to speak. Their current situation in regards to their economic dependence on trade with countries that would be in support of South Korea, however, would likely stop them from taking part in direct intervention. The costs outweigh the benefits. In fact they've recently began heavier mobilizations along the border for two reasons. First, North Korean organized criminals have been sneaking across, stirring up shit, and then going back into North Korea. And second, they want to be prepared to turn back the flood of refugees that would be likely in the event of shit hitting the fan in North Korea.

Given current politics and recent trade alliances between newly acquainted sanctions buddies Russia and North Korea, I'd be more concerned with Russia trying to ship in supplies through Khasan (Russian border town with a railroad going into North Korea). I doubt they'd actually assist with troops this time around, however. And in any case, Tumangang, the North Korean border town which that railroad first runs through as it enters, is in a very vulnerable area in regards to its defensibility from sea power, and well within range of U.S. air strikes from Japan.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
30-07-2015, 09:59 AM
North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Ar...
(28-07-2015 06:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If North Korea lobbed a nuke at the USA - the USA would respond with so much firepower that the Korean peninsula would become the Island of Korea formerly known as South Korea....

I don't know about that. Would Obama send one back at them, or would he like a more diplomatic approach!
30-07-2015, 10:04 AM
(30-07-2015 09:59 AM)MrShangles Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 06:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If North Korea lobbed a nuke at the USA - the USA would respond with so much firepower that the Korean peninsula would become the Island of Korea formerly known as South Korea....

I don't know about that. Would Obama send one back at them, or would he like a more diplomatic approach!

He would probably hold a worldwide meeting and everyone would officially condemn their actions, but otherwise do nothing. They would then apologize for being in the way of the nuke.

'Murican Canadian
30-07-2015, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 03:18 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(29-07-2015 05:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:If you don't even know the facts about the equipment, you're not going to swing much credibility. Sorry that puts a bee in your bonnet. Also, lol @ "check your tone" following "remove the pole from your ass" ... pot, kettle, right, kid?

Listen, I may have a little snark from time to time, but I haven't written anything like the above to you. There's no reason to get butthurt about this; we disagree, and it doesn't have to be ugly.

The point was that they were using old equipment. I really really don't give a shit that stinger missiles were made in the 80's and not the 60's. It's completely pointless to the debate. To even bring it up shows how little you have in this debate that you have to nit-pick the absolute pointless. Go after my spelling next would ya, that'll really make your argument more legit... fucking retard.

Quote:How do you come by this understanding of their motivation? And what makes you think that that DPRK are motivated as were the Japanese?

I'm thinking that serving the government that is starving my mother and incarcerating Gramps is only a gig to keep me out of a camp myself, especially once supplies thin out and food becomes scarce.

You know nothing of brainwashed countries. Nazi germany, Japan during WW2, America today etc.. Fanatical patriotism is a disease. These people are brought up under extreme propaganda. They are raised by the state on state coolaide.

Quote:You have an argument with the sentiment, let's see it. The fact is that authority in their military is centralized so that the government can keep a tight control on the forces. What that means is that decision-making takes place at a higher level of authority than in most other armies of the world. What that means is that command and control systems are a weak point, and even if not destroyed, decisions take longer to make and enact. Time, on the battlefield, is paramount.

The only answer to that problem is to inculcate a standard doctrine and hope it fits the circumstances of battle.

History demonstrates that flexible armies are more often successful.

And a lame bear will still tear your head off.

Quote:In a nation of 80 million, with five million men under arms, such numbers are trifling. Never mind the fact that most of those deaths were civilian and not military

Right because who gives a shit if it's a civilian, the only lives that matter are armed forces...

I was being sarcastic by the way.

Quote:I'm addressing their deaths in their own terms.

They decided to put up a pointless brutal resistance even in the hindsight of certain defeat. This is my point about North Korea being fanatical.

Quote:And that is relevant to this discussion how?

It's the whole point you stupid shithead.
Your premise is that a war with NK would be quick and easy, mine is that it would be long and bloody. Jesus Christ you're dumb. Keep up would ya.

Quote:Fair enough. So now DPRK has to defeat two enemies, not one. How does that help your point?

How does it help yours? It doesn't.

Quote:I don't think it will be a walk in the park, but I do think that there is no chance at all that DPRK could win such a war. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I never said they would win. Less pole cramming up your ass and more opening your ears.

lol, when your points must be augmented with "retard" and "shithead", they must be vapid indeed.

And you need to learn to read for comprehension if you think my premise is that a war with North Korea would be quick and easy. I've said the opposite a couple of times, yet you're still sticking that view to me. I'm sure that this misunderstanding of yours is at the root of this argument.

I sure hope my next discussion with you has more substance and less hot air. You're boring when you're angry; you end up looking like the many other Internet shouters. I had figured you were better than that ... guess I was wrong?

You can have the last word here. Good day.
30-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Quote:You can have the last word here. Good day.

titty sprinkles.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
30-07-2015, 05:19 PM
lol, that we can agree upon.

Oops.