North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice
(30-07-2015 09:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Their current situation in regards to their economic dependence on trade with countries that would be in support of South Korea, however, would likely stop them from taking part in direct intervention. The costs outweigh the benefits.

Maybe. I profess no great insight into the thinking of the Chinese government on this, or any, issue. But, it's a big gamble to take. They very well may sit back and do nothing, but they also may not. That's what launched their involvement in the original Korean War in the early 50s. Would they do it again? Hopefully no one is stupid enough that we have to find out.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: North Korea Threatens Annihilation Of America On Anniversary Of Korean War Armistice
(30-07-2015 05:51 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 09:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Their current situation in regards to their economic dependence on trade with countries that would be in support of South Korea, however, would likely stop them from taking part in direct intervention. The costs outweigh the benefits.

Maybe. I profess no great insight into the thinking of the Chinese government on this, or any, issue. But, it's a big gamble to take. They very well may sit back and do nothing, but they also may not. That's what launched their involvement in the original Korean War in the early 50s. Would they do it again? Hopefully no one is stupid enough that we have to find out.

No doubt, every action taken in this world is, to some degree, a gamble. We can never see all relevant facts, but must make decisions based on what we've got nonetheless. I've spent time in both China and South Korea and have many acquaintances in both. I'd like to see a peaceful resolution in which Korea is somehow reunited without China feeling threatened. Whatever happens, only hindsight can tell us which hypothesis was right. And if shit hits the fan, and I end up on a battlefield against China, I'm prepared to either kill Chinese soldiers whom I have nothing against or die alongside my South Korean allies if that's Odin's will Tongue

Such is life.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply