North Korea fires intermediate range ballistic missile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 04:37 AM
RE: North Korea fires intermediate range ballistic missile
(13-02-2017 04:27 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If they were capable of handling deeper levels of understanding than the surface label, we wouldn't have to worry about trying to explain to them that being an atheist doesn't make me Mao or Lenin any more than being a theist makes them Torquemada or Hitler.

So, are you saying I'm not allowed to nonchalantly run around violating Godwin's Law till I'm blue in the face?

Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2017, 05:02 AM
@Rocket Surgeon

If said people would be interested in truth then it wouldn't be hard for them to find that marxism-leninism was religion, so conflating atheism with communism is simply hilarious. Bolsheviks did what others cult do - they oppressed other cults.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-02-2017, 07:21 AM
If this bloke wants to make an impact he should shoot his haircut at something.

The outcome would not be pretty. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-02-2017, 08:27 AM
(13-02-2017 04:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 04:27 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If they were capable of handling deeper levels of understanding than the surface label, we wouldn't have to worry about trying to explain to them that being an atheist doesn't make me Mao or Lenin any more than being a theist makes them Torquemada or Hitler.

So, are you saying I'm not allowed to nonchalantly run around violating Godwin's Law till I'm blue in the face?

Weeping

You do you. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-02-2017, 11:37 AM
(12-02-2017 03:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 02:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm still awaiting the revelation of their nuclear powered trebuchet. Rolleyes

Right! What's the fucking point?? Can't we just shoot this shit down if we really need too? I'm sure we have jets or anti-whatever guns on standby 24/7. I bet North Korea don't. Do they even consider the possibility that if they detonate a nuke in South Korea or the US that the US would simply just nuke them back?

They've fucking lost the war. They're so far technologically backwards and resource-starved that they don't stand a chance.

Seoul is literally on the border. The North would lose, but the havoc they are likely to cause, is as the OP said, reliable insurance.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
13-02-2017, 11:39 AM
(13-02-2017 11:37 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Seoul is literally on the border. The North would lose, but the havoc they are likely to cause, is as the OP said, reliable insurance.

Which is exactly the point why regimes like that do it.
13-02-2017, 11:51 AM
(12-02-2017 11:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 05:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed. It's actually hold over of Japanese imperial fascism and the reverence of their literally divine Emperor, far more so than with the surface trappings of Chinese communism.

Excellent points. But it's still CALLED communism. This would be an interesting retort to the next fundy who comes in here to tell us that atheism = communism = atheism.

A habit developed during the cold war where every ally of the USSR was referred to as communist, even when most were really just regular dictatorships with no particular policy besides staying in power by all means. Totalitarianism was equated with communism.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
13-02-2017, 01:07 PM
(13-02-2017 11:51 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 11:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Excellent points. But it's still CALLED communism. This would be an interesting retort to the next fundy who comes in here to tell us that atheism = communism = atheism.

A habit developed during the cold war where every ally of the USSR was referred to as communist, even when most were really just regular dictatorships with no particular policy besides staying in power by all means. Totalitarianism was equated with communism.

Totalitarianism was also propped up by the US, provided it benefited them. Iraq was the recipient of plenty of aid and weaponry while operating as a NATO proxy in the Cold War, before they became a profitable scapegoat for the American military-industrial complex.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2017, 01:20 PM
(13-02-2017 01:07 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Iraq was the recipient of plenty of aid and weaponry while operating as a NATO proxy in the Cold War, before they became a profitable scapegoat for the American military-industrial complex.

It was rather propped up against Iran.

But I grew up with this Orwellian shit. Back then when the Mujaheddins were the galant freedom fighters against the Reds in Afghanistan or Iraq was supported against Iran, complete with Donny Rumsfeld shaking hands with the big bad Saddam, who at the same time was busy gassing the Kurds. Which, of course, bothered noone at the time. Apart from a few journalistic trouble makers.

I also observed the outrage over the Soviets downing the Korean plane and the "oopsy" like sentiment when an American vessel did the same to an Iranian jet.

Yeah, I've seen enough of Orwell's "we've always been at war with Oceania".
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
13-02-2017, 01:27 PM
(13-02-2017 01:07 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 11:51 AM)tomilay Wrote:  A habit developed during the cold war where every ally of the USSR was referred to as communist, even when most were really just regular dictatorships with no particular policy besides staying in power by all means. Totalitarianism was equated with communism.

Totalitarianism was also propped up by the US, provided it benefited them. Iraq was the recipient of plenty of aid and weaponry while operating as a NATO proxy in the Cold War, before they became a profitable scapegoat for the American military-industrial complex.

Yep. It was basically the only way the 2 superpowers could hold onto their pawns. Democracies were more problematic for both US and USSR to control.

[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post