North Korea in world cup final!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
North Korea in world cup final!

I opend this thread here because this MUST be fake!

It is simply to good to be true!

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: North Korea in world cup final!
I'm gonna call bullshit - I really hope it's a South Korean parody...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
13-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was real.

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.
13-07-2014, 01:57 PM
I know a guy in Korea. I'll send this to him for comment.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
13-07-2014, 02:09 PM
It is fake Tongue I read somewhere earlier that the accent is off and the movement of the lips doesn't match the sound.

Also, notice at 0:52, the announcer says "북조선 화이팅" (pukchosŏn hwaiting/ Go North Korea!). 화이팅 (=Fighting!) is an anglicism commonly used in South Korea meaning "Go for it!". North Koreans don't have that, and I highly doubt they use anglicisms much in general Smile.
And North Koreans refer to their country as "조선" (name of what Korea was called before it was divided), not "북조선" (lit. North-North Korea) .

[Image: panda_0077.gif]
13-07-2014, 10:12 PM
The guy I sent it to thinks its real.

Quote:most likely it is not a parody. north koreans do not tell their people the truth and will falsify news reports to keep their people in the dark.

i do not recognize the symbol in the top left as south korean so it is probably a real north korean newscast. the red pin she is wearing can only be worn by north koreans as it has the picture of kim il sung on it and the north koreans are required to wear it at all times. there is also no noticeable pause or pauses in the broadcast so most likely it was recorded via a satellite feed and posted to youtube to embarrass the country.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
14-07-2014, 09:18 AM
It would be great if it was true, but unfortunately it's not. Though I can imagine if the supreme leader Kim Jung-un asked one of his aides how North Korea was doing in the cup, they might be tempted to say " We won", rather than pissing him off and ending up as a target on an artillery range. Making up such a spoof news story would help back up their story.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí