North Korea says it successfully tested hydrogen bomb for long-range missile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: North Korea says it successfully tested hydrogen bomb for long-range missile
(03-09-2017 03:10 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Now Mattis is standing outside the White House talking the usual line: Cut it out or else.

Or else what? I wish we (the US) would stop bluffing, at least out loud and on Twitter. I don't know what the solution to all this is, but it can't be just continually threatening NK and then watching them go merrily about their testing.

But the U.S. may indeed be bluffing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: North Korea says it successfully tested hydrogen bomb for long-range missile
(03-09-2017 05:15 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:10 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Now Mattis is standing outside the White House talking the usual line: Cut it out or else.

Or else what? I wish we (the US) would stop bluffing, at least out loud and on Twitter. I don't know what the solution to all this is, but it can't be just continually threatening NK and then watching them go merrily about their testing.

But the U.S. may indeed be bluffing.

I hope we are but I wish we wouldn't do it publicly. At least bluff directly to Un through a quiet back-channel.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
03-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Bluffing is rarely a good diplomatic move in any channel. Credibility is worth much more than bluster when it comes to diplomacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-09-2017, 08:44 PM
(03-09-2017 08:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bluffing is rarely a good diplomatic move in any channel. Credibility is worth much more than bluster when it comes to diplomacy.

I agree, but since Trump is untrustworthy about everything he says he stands for, who knows?
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
03-09-2017, 10:19 PM
(03-09-2017 08:44 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 08:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bluffing is rarely a good diplomatic move in any channel. Credibility is worth much more than bluster when it comes to diplomacy.

I agree, but since Trump is untrustworthy about everything he says he stands for, who knows?

Sure, no credibility. All the more reason to avoid bluff ... the other guy will point, laugh, ad troll the ever-loving shit out of you.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
04-09-2017, 03:09 AM
I keep saying this, and I'll still put my money on it, but North Korea have "nothing". They've been testing what they do have (missiles that barely make it past Japan), but they don't have shit all else. They are garbage and just love telling themselves that they are the best.

Should they fire ANYTHING at anybody, North Korea would be nuke'd to shit by the entire rest of the world before kim jong un can watch his missile pass the horizon.

[Image: giphy.webp]

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2017, 06:24 AM
No, it takes more than a blockbuster to cause a 6.3 quake. They got at least some nukes.

Their missiles are clearly not as reliable as they need to be, but they're flying.
04-09-2017, 06:30 AM
(04-09-2017 06:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, it takes more than a blockbuster to cause a 6.3 quake. They got at least some nukes.

Their missiles are clearly not as reliable as they need to be, but they're flying.

Concur. The nuclear tests in the '50s and '60s were monitored via seismic registration, we know the signatures. A "normal" quake of that magnitude would have several follow-on quakes. And triangulation via time tick gives us a good location.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
04-09-2017, 06:36 AM
(03-09-2017 05:11 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 04:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And just imagine if the Obama administration had actually done something to prevent the DPRK from getting this far into their program...

But no... It's more fun to pretend that they did all their development since Bozo took office...

Dodgy

The first nuclear test of NK was under the Bush administration. They went hunting for weapons of mass destruction in the wrong country.

True enough.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Trumps attack on south Korea for appeasement shows just how colloquial he really is and how little he understands the situation, after all it wouldn't be him who would have to watch as hundreds of thousands of hostile troops poured over the DMZ with the intention of raping and plundering the country to death.