North Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2013, 06:34 AM
RE: North Korea
I would agree that the North Koreans have been spouting war rhetoric for years and this is nothing new. However what is new this time around is the sanctions that the UN has placed upon them that are getting tougher and tougher. It is mostly in the hands of the Chinese to put their side of the sanctions in place as they are North Koreas biggest trading partner. They rely heavily on China whilst China doesn't really rely on them for much.... if anything other than a stopgap between Americas numerous military bases.

All of this rhetoric has been fuelled by the joint military drills that the south has been doing with America. I thought propaganda was bad over in the west but as like Muffs pointed out its fucking crazy in the North as in Muffs words they are "spoon fed" it hardcore on a daily basis. At least we have access to differing viewpoints even if many still refuse to heed them.

So I personally do think that the situation is different this time around. The North Koreans have Nuclear capabilities and yes whilst the sanctions placed upon them will slow down their potential to increase their technology I don't think that this will stop them in thinking that they are "equals" somehow with the rest of the world powers that also have them. I think that if push comes to shove then they may feel that they have been pushed enough to attempt some sort of strike, especially if they feel that China has deserted them. Wether that strike will actually achieve anything remains to be seen however seeing as how little regard they have for their own people, it wouldnt suprise me if they didnt try to nuke the south. It would caus tensions but I don't think it would spark a worldwide nuclear war as i'm sure the leaders of Russia and China would like to live in their respective countries in one piece and not an uninhabitable wasteland.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2013, 07:51 AM
North Korea won't do shit, if they do It means the end of North Korea. They don't have the resources (such as fuel, hell they can't even feed their own people) to win a war. Technology wise they are decades behind us. The south will steam roll over them.

I'm very anti war but I've read several accounts of people who have escaped the north and have survived the prison camps, after that war seems more like an Act of mercy.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
30-03-2013, 08:17 AM
(30-03-2013 06:34 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think that if push comes to shove then they may feel that they have been pushed enough to attempt some sort of strike, especially if they feel that China has deserted them. Wether that strike will actually achieve anything remains to be seen however seeing as how little regard they have for their own people, it wouldnt suprise me if they didnt try to nuke the south. It would caus tensions but I don't think it would spark a worldwide nuclear war as i'm sure the leaders of Russia and China would like to live in their respective countries in one piece and not an uninhabitable wasteland.

I don't know whether they will strike, or not....I just don't want to see the United States have any part of it. South Korea can take care of itself just fine, and if it can't deal with North Korea then they can pressure China to step in and deal with North Korea.

Remember, the last thing China really wants to see is a Japan, Taiwan and South Korea in a panic. These countries can develop the capability of building nuclear weapons like the Japanese build Toyotas, or like the South Koreans build Hyundais. And if they start doing it, then I bet so will Vietnam and the Phillipines and etc. So China has a real interest in maintaining peace, and I think they will do it even if it means snubbing an old ally (North Korea).

It's about time the United States grows up and quits playing World Police Cowboy. Now is a great time to start.
30-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Let's eliminate the propaganda. If S Korea is far superior to N Korea, then they should be able to deal with the threat without The US. We could leave and save all the money and lives that it will cost to protect a country that does not need our protection. However, do you think the US Imperialists will allow a war to be fought without participating? Imperialists do not sit by and watch war, they must strive to dominate the entire world,.......so.. .the US sends some B1 Bombers over to instigate. And this from a President with a Nobel PP. Ha!
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy's post
30-03-2013, 10:00 AM
North Korea Threatens to Close Factory It Runs With South

http://http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31...tacks.html

What? North Korea and South Korea are jointly running a manufacturing complex that employs 54,000 North Koreans and they don't shut it down when they declare war?

What kind of puppet show is this? Weren't there supposed to be some sort of drastic sanctions on North Korea?
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
30-03-2013, 10:36 AM
[Image: 488226_492773684109091_1678572120_n_zps1be906aa.jpg]

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-03-2013, 11:38 AM
I hope Kim knows very well that if he really misbehaves, one of the American bombing drones might make a detour.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
30-03-2013, 05:33 PM
I think we should really consider whether to invade N. Korea before they do develop a Nuclear Bomb. Otherwise in 5 years time we will have a much worse situation where N. Korea will still be acting the same, but now have a Nuclear weapon. Its a very difficult situation, you don't want to start a war, but you don't want N. Korea to get a Nuclear Bomb and act all crazy. I think there is no win in this situation, however the best scenario might be to invade them and liberate their people from tyranny before its too late.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
30-03-2013, 05:55 PM
(30-03-2013 05:33 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  I think we should really consider whether to invade N. Korea before they do develop a Nuclear Bomb. Otherwise in 5 years time we will have a much worse situation where N. Korea will still be acting the same, but now have a Nuclear weapon. Its a very difficult situation, you don't want to start a war, but you don't want N. Korea to get a Nuclear Bomb and act all crazy. I think there is no win in this situation, however the best scenario might be to invade them and liberate their people from tyranny before its too late.

That's crazy talk. They're like a Chinese hand puppet. This new guy thinks the puppet has a voice, but all China has to do is pull the hand out.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-03-2013, 06:21 PM
(30-03-2013 07:51 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  North Korea won't do shit, if they do It means the end of North Korea. They don't have the resources (such as fuel, hell they can't even feed their own people) to win a war. Technology wise they are decades behind us. The south will steam roll over them.

I'm very anti war but I've read several accounts of people who have escaped the north and have survived the prison camps, after that war seems more like an Act of mercy.

And the terrorists were just a bunch of raggedly dressed men with ak-47's (which is a 66year old gun I might add) yet America is yet to "steam roll" them, even now.
Took them how many years to get Osama?

Look at Nam', those were also suppose to be just a bunch of gorilla terrorists with ak-47s... You lost that one.

There will be no steam rolling, the NK army is 1million strong with 8.5million ready to take up arms. Nukes wont just be dropped willy nilly as it would be politically unwise to do so unless NK drops one first or later in the war when people see that people are getting killed (in war? who would have guessed?)

The South may also have a vested interest in NOT nuking the north as a unified Korea would become quite the economic powerhouse, with the south and all it's technology and manufacturing and the north with all it's unskilled labor.
Not to mention families in the south have family members in the north etc..

It's a little more then "oh they'll just steam roll them, it's cool"

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post