North Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 05:29 PM by earmuffs.)
RE: North Korea
The difference is I&I that China and the US are officially at war...

edit: I meant not* obviously

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 11:26 PM
(02-04-2013 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The difference is I&I that China and the US are officially at war...

What's happening here?

At war officially? Quite a surprise for a Chinese dude.

Want something? Then do something.
03-04-2013, 04:39 AM
North Korea and South Korea are officially still at war[1], not China and the US - although China and the US have been traditional allies of the two nations.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea...ate_of_War

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-04-2013, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 06:26 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
The civil war between mainland China and Taiwan is still going on theoretically... Sadcryface

And since China advocates and participates in the Non-Aligned Movement, therefore China has friend nations but no allies.

03-04-2013, 07:32 AM
(02-04-2013 11:26 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The difference is I&I that China and the US are officially at war...

What's happening here?

Actually, the China-US relationship is pretty decent considering the differences between the countries. China acts rationally and predictably--I'm guessing China feels the same about the US. This allows us to work out our differences rather than threaten to go to war with each other.

We were never officially at war with each other...we did fight each other in the Korean war when China intervened on behalf of the North. I'm reminded of a saying, often attributed to FDR or Nixon, "That guy may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch.". The North Koreans are supported by the Chinese--Kim Jong Un is China's 'son of a bitch'. It would be nice if China finally started taking care of the problem. The Chinese late support for sanctions is a start, but they could cut off the North Koreans and put a swift end to this trouble.

The North Korean regime is a basket case run by lunatics. The problem with crazy people is sometimes when they spout crazy crap they actually mean it. So we have to prepare for the possibility that they actually do mean to launch attacks on us when they say they intend to.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
(03-04-2013 07:32 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 11:26 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  What's happening here?

Actually, the China-US relationship is pretty decent considering the differences between the countries. China acts rationally and predictably--I'm guessing China feels the same about the US. This allows us to work out our differences rather than threaten to go to war with each other.

We were never officially at war with each other...we did fight each other in the Korean war when China intervened on behalf of the North. I'm reminded of a saying, often attributed to FDR or Nixon, "That guy may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch.". The North Koreans are supported by the Chinese--Kim Jong Un is China's 'son of a bitch'. It would be nice if China finally started taking care of the problem. The Chinese late support for sanctions is a start, but they could cut off the North Koreans and put a swift end to this trouble.

The North Korean regime is a basket case run by lunatics. The problem with crazy people is sometimes when they spout crazy crap they actually mean it. So we have to prepare for the possibility that they actually do mean to launch attacks on us when they say they intend to.

Many Chinese died defending North Korea's independence. What do the North Korean people think about this? Their independence was realized because of their great leader. As for the Chinese? Well, maybe they contributed a little.

Ungrateful. That's how I feel about the North Koreans.

So why the North Korea is acting strangely is because they are NOT SATISFIED with the Chinese support, like what they did in the last fifty years. The U.S. seems a better choice for support.

How would the NK achieve this goal? They showed their muscles and dreamed that the U.S. would talk with the N.K. directly excluding China's involvement and the U.S. would generously provide food, fuel, money etc. for free.

What do you think about this theory?

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
North Korea
North Korea is run by lunatics? You have been watching too much u.s. corporate state news. The u.s. threatens and attacks and has more military bases around the world, yet this isn't called lunacy?
03-04-2013, 08:45 AM
North Korea
(03-04-2013 07:53 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:32 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Actually, the China-US relationship is pretty decent considering the differences between the countries. China acts rationally and predictably--I'm guessing China feels the same about the US. This allows us to work out our differences rather than threaten to go to war with each other.

Many Chinese died defending North Korea's independence. What do the North Korean people think about this? Their independence was realized because of their great leader. As for the Chinese? Well, maybe they contributed a little.

So why the North Korea is acting strangely is because they are NOT SATISFIED with the Chinese support, like what they did in the last fifty years. The U.S. seems a better choice for support.

How would the NK achieve this goal? They showed their muscles and dreamed that the U.S. would talk with the N.K. directly excluding China's involvement and the U.S. would generously provide food, fuel, money etc. for free.

Why does china give a shit about what countries the west doesn't like? China and North Korea could have been in cooperation long ago to build North Korea to make it a great nation. Construction jobs, contractors in china could make a fortune. Same with Iran, although since Iran has oil the sanctions don't work and most countries ignore the sanctions.
03-04-2013, 09:21 AM
(03-04-2013 08:45 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:53 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Many Chinese died defending North Korea's independence. What do the North Korean people think about this? Their independence was realized because of their great leader. As for the Chinese? Well, maybe they contributed a little.

Why does china give a shit about what countries the west doesn't like? China and North Korea could have been in cooperation long ago to build North Korea to make it a great nation. Construction jobs, contractors in china could make a fortune. Same with Iran, although since Iran has oil the sanctions don't work and most countries ignore the sanctions.

International trade isn't shit.

Even if it is shit, it is very important shit.

But China always calls for peaceful resolutions. Let's hope things won't get that extreme.

03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
(02-04-2013 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The difference is I&I

Yeah. Different from reality... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]