Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: North Korea
(03-04-2013 09:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The difference is I&I

Yeah. Different from reality... Dodgy

Reality, I think:

Military war? Not now. But possible, depending on how the Japanese government will deal with the island issue, and how the disputes in the South China Sea will develop.

Economic war? Maybe already on. If not, then definitely close.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
(03-04-2013 07:53 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Many Chinese died defending North Korea's independence. What do the North Korean people think about this? Their independence was realized because of their great leader. As for the Chinese? Well, maybe they contributed a little.

Ungrateful. That's how I feel about the North Koreans.

So why the North Korea is acting strangely is because they are NOT SATISFIED with the Chinese support, like what they did in the last fifty years. The U.S. seems a better choice for support.

How would the NK achieve this goal? They showed their muscles and dreamed that the U.S. would talk with the N.K. directly excluding China's involvement and the U.S. would generously provide food, fuel, money etc. for free.

What do you think about this theory?

Ungrateful sounds about right. The North Korean government has not been very trustworthy and has consistently backed away from promises to extract more concessions, food, aid, etc. The aid the US provided was in consideration for cooperation on the nuclear issue only, with no expectation of developing a closer diplomatic relationship with North Korea. I think the North Koreans play a game of playing everyone off each other.

There is no benefit to the US in having North Korea as a client state, though China seems sensitive to this concern. The US would support eventual unification under a Democratic government similar to what happened with German unification. However that is not remotely achievable at this time, and the North Korean government is firmly opposed to that outcome. So I do not see North Korea having an interest in abandoning China and switching to US support--doing so would require the end of the Kim family dynasty. The North Koreans are just acting like a spoiled child because they have been allowed to get away with it.
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
I think we are just looking at a power drunk juvenile. That guy is nuts. He's gonna conquer the world... No

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I meant not at war obviously.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
09-04-2013, 06:21 AM
America responds to NK nuclear threat...

[Image: 58887_10151594796999328_119286056_n.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Chuck Norris is a fucking douche bag cunt who can fall down a well and die.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
09-04-2013, 06:26 AM
(09-04-2013 06:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  America responds to NK nuclear threat...

[Image: 58887_10151594796999328_119286056_n.jpg]

That fucking cracked me up! Coughee came aud ob my node Dodgy

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
09-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Japan has deployed three batteries of Patriot missles in response to NK's actions...getting seriouser

(CNN) -- Japan deployed missile-defense systems at three sites around Tokyo early Tuesday ahead of a possible missile launch by North Korea, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said.
The Patriot missile batteries were set up in the central district of Ichigaya and in the suburbs of Asaka and Narashino, Suga told reporters Tuesday. The deployments come as U.S. and South Korean officials warn Pyongyang could be preparing for another provocative move after weeks of belligerent rhetoric.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption