North Korean Missles.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 06:05 PM
North Korean Missles.
Just got done reading: http://mashable.com/2013/04/05/north-kor...ile-range/

Thoughts? And thoughts on where the POSSIBLE attack location would be? I've been reading a lot about what's been going on recently, North Korea just seems to be pissed off about ever little thing that the US does. I personally think they're just all talk today because they want more talk and power.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: North Korean Missles.
So in other words, either South Korea, Japan, or the two countries that merely tolerate their existence as a buffer state and will be the first ones to dismantle North Korea's ass if they cause a major fuck-up.

You said it yourself, it's saber-rattling, nothing to see here.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
05-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Saber-rattling is always how this shit starts.
Noone ever believes war will break out until it actually does, then it's all "why didn't we see the signs".

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-04-2013, 08:38 PM
(05-04-2013 07:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Saber-rattling is always how this shit starts.
Noone ever believes war will break out until it actually does, then it's all "why didn't we see the signs".

These guys shelled South Korea and got away with it. They sank a South Korean ship and got away with it. They won't send a wave of troops over the border, but don't be surprised if they take some military action.....because they've learned they can get away with it.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 151
05-04-2013, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:38 PM by Heathen.)
This situation is extremely complicated but here's my take on it. The international community has gone to war with countries that posed far less risk than North Korea, so why has this bug not been squashed yet? The answer is China. If not for China this situation would not exist. They have been the enabler. Since the 50's China has had very good, if selfish reasons of allowing North Korea to exist but they have let things get out of hand and I think they now realize this.

The DPRK has detonated a nuclear weapon and has missile technology. Now the DPRK is becoming aligned with Iran; this is some serious shit. Iran is now very close to achieving the same. Either of these countries is capable of starting a world war and both seem hell bent on doing it. On the other hand, both feel threatened and are simply doing what they feel they need to do for their own survival.

Solutions? The international community needs to get their collective shit together and place a blockade on the DPRK. I don't use the word "blockade" lightly, this hasn't been done in decades and it's an extreme measure. It could have dire consequences. China is the key here and the good news is that they seem to be coming around. Big powerful nations move slowly but China does indeed seem to be moving. The longer the world waits, the higher the stakes become and I think China is beginning to realize this. People tend to focus on Kim Jong-un and I agree that the guy is a nutcase but he is handled, controlled and advised by the relics of his father's regime; a bunch of crazy old men who have become accustomed to brinksmanship and appeasement. It's all they have ever known and it has worked for them. They need to know that the world is serious. If they decide that they want war, it could be the first "just war" in most people's lifetimes. Better now than in 5 years. Again, I don't say these things lightly, I'm as much a peace & love anti-war kinda guy as you will meet. I remember Vietnam and I opposed the invasion of Iraq from the beginning. But I don't want to add a 10th member to the list of nuclear powers. Certainly not these guys.

Seoul South Korea is a city of over 10 million people and has a population density that is twice than of New York City. It lies 35 miles form the border with North Korea. Easy target and getting easier all the time.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
06-04-2013, 02:28 PM
North Korean Missles.
(05-04-2013 11:29 PM)Heathen Wrote:  This situation is extremely complicated but here's my take on it. The international community has gone to war with countries that posed far less risk than North Korea, so why has this bug not been squashed yet? The answer is China. If not for China this situation would not exist. They have been the enabler. Since the 50's China has had very good, if selfish reasons of allowing North Korea to exist but they have let things get out of hand and I think they now realize this.

The DPRK has detonated a nuclear weapon and has missile technology. Now the DPRK is becoming aligned with Iran; this is some serious shit. Iran is now very close to achieving the same. Either of these countries is capable of starting a world war and both seem hell bent on doing it. On the other hand, both feel threatened and are simply doing what they feel they need to do for their own survival.

Solutions? The international community needs to get their collective shit together and place a blockade on the DPRK. I don't use the word "blockade" lightly, this hasn't been done in decades and it's an extreme measure. It could have dire consequences. China is the key here and the good news is that they seem to be coming around. Big powerful nations move slowly but China does indeed seem to be moving. The longer the world waits, the higher the stakes become and I think China is beginning to realize this. People tend to focus on Kim Jong-un and I agree that the guy is a nutcase but he is handled, controlled and advised by the relics of his father's regime; a bunch of crazy old men who have become accustomed to brinksmanship and appeasement. It's all they have ever known and it has worked for them. They need to know that the world is serious. If they decide that they want war, it could be the first "just war" in most people's lifetimes. Better now than in 5 years. Again, I don't say these things lightly, I'm as much a peace & love anti-war kinda guy as you will meet. I remember Vietnam and I opposed the invasion of Iraq from the beginning. But I don't want to add a 10th member to the list of nuclear powers. Certainly not these guys.

Seoul South Korea is a city of over 10 million people and has a population density that is twice than of New York City. It lies 35 miles form the border with North Korea. Easy target and getting easier all the time.

Your statements about North Korea and Iran being hell bent on starting a world war.....evidence?

Iran is attempting to get nuclear weapons.....evidence?

Remember when Saddam Hussein was the next hitler and was he'll bent on conquering the world? People believe anything the mainstream media says.
06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
(06-04-2013 02:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:29 PM)Heathen Wrote:  This situation is extremely complicated but here's my take on it. The international community has gone to war with countries that posed far less risk than North Korea, so why has this bug not been squashed yet? The answer is China. If not for China this situation would not exist. They have been the enabler. Since the 50's China has had very good, if selfish reasons of allowing North Korea to exist but they have let things get out of hand and I think they now realize this.

Your statements about North Korea and Iran being hell bent on starting a world war.....evidence?

Iran is attempting to get nuclear weapons.....evidence?

Remember when Saddam Hussein was the next hitler and was he'll bent on conquering the world? People believe anything the mainstream media says.

I and I,

[Image: hDD13C7FA]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Proof or no, between N.Korea, & Iran I'd be more worried about Iran. Kim Jumg Who-ever-now's megalomaniacal ass probably just wants a bigger dick to swing at other countries. I'm not an expert on the region, nor do I know for certain that Iran is a theocracy, but if it is, watch the fuck out if their zealots ever get their hands on nukes!!!!

06-04-2013, 09:59 PM
(06-04-2013 02:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  Your statements about North Korea and Iran being hell bent on starting a world war.....evidence?

Fair question. Rereading that sentence I see that it is flawed and does not accurately reflect my thoughts on this. I think that the actions of North Korea and Iran are putting them on paths that will inevitably lead to war with their neighbors. The sentence I wrote that followed was: "On the other hand, both feel threatened and are simply doing what they feel they need to do for their own survival. " Both of these nations feel threatened and rightly so. But the question is; why? Iran is easy, they are a militant Islamic Republic which has the destruction of Israel as a stated goal. North Korea is different. They are a failing communist regime that likes to threaten their neighbors and if they hadn't been developing nuclear weapons and missile technology, no one but South Korea would really give a damn. Unfortunately, no did give a damn for the past 50 years and now we have a problem.

(06-04-2013 02:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  Iran is attempting to get nuclear weapons.....evidence?

It's not just the US and Britain saying it this time around but I'm still very skeptical when it comes to Iran's nuclear program and what we are being told. I'm not sure what to believe, but this thread is about North Korean missiles.

(06-04-2013 02:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  Remember when Saddam Hussein was the next hitler and was he'll bent on conquering the world? People believe anything the mainstream media says.

Absolutely. See my comment above. I didn't buy into the justification for the invasion of Iraq and I'm a skeptic when it comes to what we are being fed about Iran. It does seem a lot like the run-up to Iraq. Sanctions and diplomacy would be my path. We don't want them turning into another North Korea and we don't have much time to work with. But again, this thread is about North Korean missiles. I should have kept Iran out of it. As the kids say; my bad.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
07-04-2013, 02:38 AM
(06-04-2013 07:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Proof or no, between N.Korea, & Iran I'd be more worried about Iran. Kim Jumg Who-ever-now's megalomaniacal ass probably just wants a bigger dick to swing at other countries. I'm not an expert on the region, nor do I know for certain that Iran is a theocracy, but if it is, watch the fuck out if their zealots ever get their hands on nukes!!!!

To be honest, I am worried about neither. The only reason Iran is working to obtain nuclear weapons is to ensure that they won't be invaded.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]