North Korean Missles.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: North Korean Missles.
(08-04-2013 11:18 AM)I and I Wrote:  So verbal threats are the criteria to determine whether or not a country wants to attack other nations?

So the u.s. media and the North Korean news is how you guys get info? That explains it.

I saw that coming.Dodgy

I got the reports of the North Korean statements from the BBC and the CBC, not U.S. news media.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 06:53 PM
North Korean Missles.
(08-04-2013 01:52 PM)worgun Wrote:  Verbal threats may just be that, but that further begs the question of how much longer before someone arrives, who is willing to back up those threats? This is a nation that has threatened to settle accounts with the us by means of nuclear fire.... if their real intentions are different then war, at what point do we take their rhetoric at face value?..

Right, and Manuel Noriega was the hitler of Latin America and Saddam Hussein had the largest army in the Middle East and was just about to take over the Middle East. Hindsight people know the media was an arm of the government propaganda, yet when in the present tense it is always believed, by "freethinkers" conservatives, liberals.

WMD. Right
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
(08-04-2013 06:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 01:52 PM)worgun Wrote:  Verbal threats may just be that, but that further begs the question of how much longer before someone arrives, who is willing to back up those threats? This is a nation that has threatened to settle accounts with the us by means of nuclear fire.... if their real intentions are different then war, at what point do we take their rhetoric at face value?..

Right, and Manuel Noriega was the hitler of Latin America and Saddam Hussein had the largest army in the Middle East and was just about to take over the Middle East. Hindsight people know the media was an arm of the government propaganda, yet when in the present tense it is always believed, by "freethinkers" conservatives, liberals.

WMD. Right

So.. what you're saying is, your NOT a freethinker?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
08-04-2013, 08:43 PM
(08-04-2013 06:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  

WMD. Right

Not everyone bought into the Iraq propaganda. In fact most of the world saw right though it. No hindsight required.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
08-04-2013, 10:32 PM
North Korean Missles.
(08-04-2013 06:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-04-2013 06:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  Right, and Manuel Noriega was the hitler of Latin America and Saddam Hussein had the largest army in the Middle East and was just about to take over the Middle East. Hindsight people know the media was an arm of the government propaganda, yet when in the present tense it is always believed, by "freethinkers" conservatives, liberals.

WMD. Right

So.. what you're saying is, your NOT a freethinker?

No, what I am saying is that the self proclaimed free thinkers of this forum happen to believe everything papa government tells them.
08-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Count me among those who don't. I'm confident that I'm not alone.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
09-04-2013, 03:26 AM
name one foreign policy (reported in the U.S. about other countries) report or story in the past 5 years that you have not believed was true.

Name something that the the media could do to make you not trust it again? If there is no answer to this question then you must admit that your trust in the U.S. media is not based on any kind of logical thinking.

"embedded journalists" remember that one Drinking Beverage
09-04-2013, 03:38 AM
(09-04-2013 03:26 AM)I and I Wrote:  name one foreign policy (reported in the U.S. about other countries) report or story in the past 5 years that you have not believed was true.

Name something that the the media could do to make you not trust it again? If there is no answer to this question then you must admit that your trust in the U.S. media is not based on any kind of logical thinking.

"embedded journalists" remember that one Drinking Beverage

1 example?

Ok, the time the top dog of the US armed forces came here (NZ) for a diplomatic trip.
Campbell Live interviewed him (popular "news" show, sort of like our version of Bill O'Douchely but without the blatant "this guys a fucking conservative douche bag". Campbell is actually rather neutral which is nice, but can sometimes be a little Labor sided as opposed to National sided). I couldn't help but repeat the words "bullshit" at least 5 times the whole interview.
He talked about how he was here just to visit because our countries have good relations. But at the same time where the whole "we don't let you dock your nuclear ships in our naval bases because we're nuclear free and that drives you (the us) fucking bonkers" was being raised due to an incident prior between our two navies? Bitch please.
Or about how you want to concrete your relations with NZ because we're like totally BF?? Bitch please again, it has nothing to do with the fact that we have signed free trade agreements with China and other Asian countries and are increasing our relations with those countries and less with you and your loses your power in the Pacific AGAIN and that terrifies the shit out of you???? Comon Mr Top Dog of Armed Forces in the US, we weren't born yesterday, now take your old wrinkled skin and get the fuck out of my country, the uranium on your breath is killing our Kiwi birds.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]