Northern Syria Experiences Stoning to Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Northern Syria Experiences Stoning to Death
(09-08-2014 04:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 03:57 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  And in India, a young girl was raped and then sentenced to 100 lashes for allowing it to happen. She died about lash 70 or so.

Source, please.
Doc

Sorry, Doc. I can't find it now. Disregard, then.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 06:07 PM
(09-08-2014 05:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 04:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Source, please.
Doc

Maybe this one??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27...73631.html

Just as horrific, but this was a different story, complete with a picture.

So sad that it's not just *1* story like this.

09-08-2014, 08:04 PM
(09-08-2014 06:05 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 04:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Source, please.
Doc

Sorry, Doc. I can't find it now. Disregard, then.

Ok. I thought the story looked suspicious. India may be the rape capital of the world but we would never, ever flog the victim afterwards. Kill? Maybe. Flog, no.

Doc
09-08-2014, 08:38 PM
http://http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/m...nity.html/

Still looking for the other article, but this one is just as bad.

09-08-2014, 08:39 PM
(09-08-2014 03:57 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  This has been going on for some time now in that area of the world. A hellish punishment for inconsequential "sins" imagined by a few evil people.

And in India, a young girl was raped and then sentenced to 100 lashes for allowing it to happen. She died about lash 70 or so.

Yea, religion.

In India‽

That should soon be coming to end though as the BJP (which is now in power) wants to introduce a uniform civil code.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
09-08-2014, 09:23 PM
(09-08-2014 03:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  In the city of Raqqa, jihadis of the Islamic State group stoned a woman to death for adultery. This just goes to show how violent and morally wrong a religion can be if there are people gullible enough to take it literally. These stoning's are the first of their kind in northern Syria. People call Islam a religion of peace but you can't really agree with that when you have stuff like this happen. This isn't like olden times, people should not be put to death in such a painful way for small pity problems like adultery.

Source
In this day an age, there is just no excuse for such barbaric stupidity. Angry

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
09-08-2014, 09:28 PM
(09-08-2014 09:23 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 03:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  In the city of Raqqa, jihadis of the Islamic State group stoned a woman to death for adultery. This just goes to show how violent and morally wrong a religion can be if there are people gullible enough to take it literally. These stoning's are the first of their kind in northern Syria. People call Islam a religion of peace but you can't really agree with that when you have stuff like this happen. This isn't like olden times, people should not be put to death in such a painful way for small pity problems like adultery.

Source
In this day an age, there is just no excuse for such barbaric stupidity. Angry

Not at all, it's such a shame Undecided

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Excerpt from the link Moms provided:

"She is not going to be lashed to cause her pain... rather, it is for her to feel the shame for having engaged in activity forbidden by the religion," Imad told the Agence France-Presse.

You could have just said because God and summed up the whole explanation Dodgy

Also couldn't just making her shave her head or putting a scarlet letter on her dress signifying that she had participated in premarital sex(you know something a little less threatening of her life) be done? I honestly think the last thing on her mind while getting flogged will be shame it'll be nothing but pain.
13-08-2014, 06:41 AM
(09-08-2014 03:57 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  This has been going on for some time now in that area of the world. A hellish punishment for inconsequential "sins" imagined by a few evil people.

And in India, a young girl was raped and then sentenced to 100 lashes for allowing it to happen. She died about lash 70 or so.

Yea, religion.

as an Indian I agree

and with Modi stirring up tensions between the Hindus and Muslims (as usual) I don't see things getting better

and our definition of secularism in our constitution is something I find very disturbing especially with Modi running the show