Northshore Freethinkers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Northshore Freethinkers
Finding no support/meeting group in my immediate area, I've decided to try & get one going myself.

Just launched http://www.facebook.com/nsfreethinkers - please go "like" the page!

I'm in the Northshore/St. Tammany Parish area of Louisiana, and trying to get "Northshore Freethinkers" off the ground. Looking to get Freethinkers, atheists, agnostics, skeptics and humanists together for social interaction, support, and a sense of community that the churchgoers get - without the religion! Social meetings, lunch gatherings, community service - whatever the people want to make of it.

If anyone has any constructive suggestions, please, don't hesitate. Thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: Northshore Freethinkers
(26-06-2012 05:01 PM)DannyW Wrote:  Finding no support/meeting group in my immediate area, I've decided to try & get one going myself.

Just launched http://www.facebook.com/nsfreethinkers - please go "like" the page!

I'm in the Northshore/St. Tammany Parish area of Louisiana, and trying to get "Northshore Freethinkers" off the ground. Looking to get Freethinkers, atheists, agnostics, skeptics and humanists together for social interaction, support, and a sense of community that the churchgoers get - without the religion! Social meetings, lunch gatherings, community service - whatever the people want to make of it.

If anyone has any constructive suggestions, please, don't hesitate. Thanks!!!
Is this you?
http://www.meetup.com/new-orleans-atheis.../17764741/
If not maybe this meetup site can work for you.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
27-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks, Thomas. No, that isn't me; the meetup group is in New Orleans, which isn't really close enough to be convenient. Wish it was. It takes about an hour to get anywhere in NOLA from my house. I'm looking to do something closer to home, in my immediate community. Just have to find the people now!
27-06-2012, 03:23 PM
My church is in Livingston Parish.

<_<
>_>

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-06-2012, 03:26 PM
(27-06-2012 03:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My church is in Livingston Parish.

<_<
>_>

Do you guys rent out to atheists groups?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
27-06-2012, 03:34 PM
(27-06-2012 03:26 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 03:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My church is in Livingston Parish.

<_<
>_>

Do you guys rent out to atheists groups?

This is a Baptist church...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-06-2012, 07:22 PM
(27-06-2012 03:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 03:26 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Do you guys rent out to atheists groups?

This is a Baptist church...
Are you saying you have a swimming pool?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
28-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Appreciate the compassion (and sales pitch), KC, but I'm thinking I'll pass. Smile Half of my family is catholic, the other half baptist.
Our joke is that the catholics drink alcohol in church, the baptists drink it everywhere else. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes DannyW's post
07-07-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Northshore Freethinkers - Update
We've got about a dozen people so far, and growing. Our first meet up is tomorrow for lunch at Copeland's on Hwy 190 in Covington, 11:30am.

Anyone else who wants to drop in, we'll find room for you!!!

-Danny
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: Northshore Freethinkers - Update
(07-07-2012 10:03 AM)DannyW Wrote:  We've got about a dozen people so far, and growing. Our first meet up is tomorrow for lunch at Copeland's on Hwy 190 in Covington, 11:30am.

Anyone else who wants to drop in, we'll find room for you!!!

-Danny

Wow, a dozen so fast, I ever only found one around where I live. Maybe I will look harder next year. Not ready for something like that this year.

Let us know how it goes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man