Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2015, 05:38 AM
Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws.
To my well intended liberal friends on the left, the story you are reading I linked from atheists who are FORMER MUSLIMS and or still have family members in that religion and or still living in the East. NOW if they can agree that blasphemy laws are NOT good, can my liberal friends PLEASE STOP INSISTING ON POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

http://www.thelocal.no/20150507/norway-s...do-attacks

Which I originally came across at this FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/exmna

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws.
If only other countries go int he footsteps of Norway.

Also while artice stated that law was no longer used, I think it's a good move to scrap it if only for symbolism.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2015, 06:29 AM
We still have a blasphemy law here in Ireland. Although it has never been used, some Irish muslim leaders did threaten to make use of it if any Irish newspaper printed a picture of the Charlie Hebdo mohammed cover. The goverment are planning to scrap the law but are in no hurry to do so.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
10-05-2015, 06:44 AM
Up until a month ago, I had stupidly thought that 9/11 pulled Catholics and Protestants in Ireland's head out of their asses. But nope, they behave still today like Jews and Muslims, and have literal walls and gates divisions so deep it is divided by mere opposite sides of a street.

The only difference between a street gang and a religion is the political power and size of their weapons.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2015, 06:50 AM
(10-05-2015 06:44 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Up until a month ago, I had stupidly thought that 9/11 pulled Catholics and Protestants in Ireland's head out of their asses. But nope, they behave still today like Jews and Muslims, and have literal walls and gates divisions so deep it is divided by mere opposite sides of a street.

The only difference between a street gang and a religion is the political power and size of their weapons.

True. There are more "peace walls" in Northern Ireland now, than there were before the ceasefire.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
10-05-2015, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 10:53 AM by Can_of_Beans.)
Speaking of Northern Ireland... Here's a short joke told by Christopher Hitchens. Smile

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid779593

"You laugh! But it's not so funny when the party of God has a gun in your ear."

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson