Noses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Noses
How can one nose cause so much misery. If you also have seasonal allergies in all 4 seasons, and are allergic to almost everything that lives, I feel for ya.

(Also allergic to stupid, and people, double that when the people are stupid. But I digress...)

Naw, for real though. Allergies suck.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
05-02-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: Noses
(05-02-2018 11:28 AM)JesseB Wrote:  How can one nose cause so much misery. If you also have seasonal allergies in all 4 seasons, and are allergic to almost everything that lives, I feel for ya.

(Also allergic to stupid, and people, double that when the people are stupid. But I digress...)

You can say that again. The older I get, the more I suffer from them. Sadcryface

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-02-2018, 11:36 AM
(05-02-2018 11:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-02-2018 11:28 AM)JesseB Wrote:  How can one nose cause so much misery. If you also have seasonal allergies in all 4 seasons, and are allergic to almost everything that lives, I feel for ya.

You can say that again. The older I get, the more I suffer from them. Sadcryface

To be fair... you're here on TTA. There's certainly no shortage of stupid people dropping by to aggravate your allergies!

Oh wait you meant the other allergies! (cough)

Naw I feel ya. I wanna get back on the shots, I did the shots in my 20's and they worked wonders but I didn't stick with it and over time my allergies returned.

Till then, pop a beer and a Zyrtec and cheers!

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
06-02-2018, 05:32 PM
I feel bad for you folks, last time I had so much as a cold was in 2009. I just don't get sick.

Kneel mortal before Whiskey I, Lord of Dalmore, Duke of Jameson, Defender of the Sloshed, and God-Emperor of Holy Terra.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-02-2018, 05:46 PM
(06-02-2018 05:32 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I feel bad for you folks, last time I had so much as a cold was in 2009. I just don't get sick.

Why, you son of a &$#^&#!

Tongue

I don't get sick much, but I seem to be developing some mild allergies as I get older, and every year (usually during winter), nasty colds and/or flus start circulating at my workplace, and I always end up catching them. After I quit smoking (in 2003), a typical cold for me was 2 or 3 days of blowing my nose a lot, and then I was done. Now those symptoms seem to last for weeks, with coughing that's bad enough to prevent me from sleeping. Either the colds are getting stronger, or my immune system is getting weaker, or both. To complicate matters, I also have type II diabetes, which has not been a major problem so far -- but every time I catch a cold, it plays hell with my blood sugar levels.

Ah, the joys of getting old.
06-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Two words....

Allergy Shots!

I was tested for allergies and found out I was allergic to 176 different things. And I wasn't just a little bit allergic to 176 different things, I was HIGHLY allergic to every one of them. Pine trees were a biggie..... I live in Oregon. Mold was huge......again, I live in wet Oregon. Dust mite dung. Alder trees. Grasses. Cats, dogs, horses, cows and duck feathers. Plantain grass. Weeds of every kind. The list goes on. I also had constant sinus infections.

After having a septoplastsy in which the surgeon took out a chunk of bone out of my sinus for dranage I started the allergy shots. This is my third year of allergy shots and I have two more years to go. The doctor trained me how to give myself the shots and I do three shots every week. The needles are the same as what diabetics use so it's not too bad. I have an epi-pen handy in case I go into anaphylactic shock but it's not likely that will happen.

I'm telling you, it's the best thing I ever did for myself. I felt sick for years and just thought this was how life was, you just feel sick all the time. So allergy shots are the way to go if you really suffer alot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-02-2018, 06:45 PM
(05-02-2018 11:28 AM)JesseB Wrote:  How can one nose cause so much misery.

Ask Pinocchio

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-02-2018, 07:07 PM

Yea stupid people block my sinuses. Get them off me!

Darth Vader
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
07-02-2018, 10:31 PM
(06-02-2018 05:46 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-02-2018 05:32 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I feel bad for you folks, last time I had so much as a cold was in 2009. I just don't get sick.

Why, you son of a &$#^&#!

Tongue

I don't get sick much, but I seem to be developing some mild allergies as I get older, and every year (usually during winter), nasty colds and/or flus start circulating at my workplace, and I always end up catching them. After I quit smoking (in 2003), a typical cold for me was 2 or 3 days of blowing my nose a lot, and then I was done. Now those symptoms seem to last for weeks, with coughing that's bad enough to prevent me from sleeping. Either the colds are getting stronger, or my immune system is getting weaker, or both. To complicate matters, I also have type II diabetes, which has not been a major problem so far -- but every time I catch a cold, it plays hell with my blood sugar levels.

Ah, the joys of getting old.
If it's any consolation I get crazy bad migraines from time to time and I've been hospitalized so many times because I'm a reckless jackass lol.
09-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Haven't discovered cocaine yet eh??

Not that I'm recommending it.

But if you really want to know how miserable your nose can make you, well.........

Funny thing - I never got a buzz from it. It just made me feel like I'd been to the dentist.

But damn - it really twists some people's skivvies..

Count the allergies thing as minor....

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.