Not Christian 'enough'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Not Christian 'enough'
Oh, christians....you guys slay me.

This showed up on my FB feed from someone who is a christian. This Matt Walsh guy is your typical angry christian white man who feels he has the god-given right to speak for every christian.

I love that some christians are mad at everyone, even other christians, who don't think EXACTLY the same way they do.

http://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/10/28/jen-...+Their+Own
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
29-10-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Not Christian 'enough'
@ShadowProject

Isn't it the proper of all large human group to split into seperate little sub group that will, from time to time when there is no common ennemy to unite them turn against one another while speaking for the "benefit" of the entire group? Matt Walsh is a piece of garbage and I doubt anybody will be willing to defend him, but I wouldn't call this a "Christian" phenomenon. Its not even exclusive to theism. Need I remind us of the Atheism+ psychodrama or closer to us the endless bickering and infighting of Republicans and Democrates during the current election?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
29-10-2016, 12:51 PM
@Epronovost

With christians it is special in a way if one consider all that ramble about turning the other cheek or loving thy neighbour.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Your club is the pathetic Elks Club. My club is the true and correct Freemason's club.

So there! Sleepy

Nah-nah-na-na-naaah. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-10-2016, 01:31 PM
(29-10-2016 12:51 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @Epronovost

With christians it is special in a way if one consider all that ramble about turning the other cheek or loving thy neighbour.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

when I argue with another non-believer, it is typically over something logical or tangible.

watching christians argue who is the better christian according to a book of fairy tales designed to control the masses is just so illogical...and amusing. Smile
[+] 5 users Like ShadowProject's post
29-10-2016, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2016 07:25 PM by SitaSky.)
I have been noticing a lot of infighting lately with atheists, even some Youtubers like Dusty Smith and Matt Dillahunty apparently disagree about Black Lives Matter and other social issues.

I get it, just because we agree on one thing doesn't mean we will agree on everything. It's like when a Xian asks me to disavow Stalin, ummm ok he was an atheist but he was also a sociopathic despot who craved power and control. He wanted to rule with fear and an iron fist. I just wanna drink some wine and catch up on my DVR recordings, that's the extent of my weekend plans, pretty evil huh?

We're only human and being an atheist may make you more likely to be liberal or humanist but my sister in law is an atheist and she believes in magick and buys wicca paraphernalia, all that stuff is fucking dumb to me but I'm a skeptic and she isn't, she just doesn't believe in any specific Gods.

But seriously though if you are an atheist but you don't accept evolution you're not a true atheist, you're just faking it! What the hell is wrong with you?! Ok I don't really mean that but yeah, some Xians have a checklist they require for any fellow believers, it's fucking dumb. You just have to accept Jesus died for your sinful ass, that's all, one thing to check off and you're Xian to me. Don't believe in any Gods? You're an atheist. Don't wanna say there are no Gods, maybe there is? You're agnostic, that's it, pretty simple really.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
29-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Well Matt speaks like he is angry at all times, not saying you are wrong tho I haven't seen it, just, well its Matt.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
29-10-2016, 07:41 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread by theBorg, since no Christian outside his small brand of Orthodoxy is a "True Christian"...

Anyhow, not surprised at the reaction. Lifeway has a conservative brand base that it would want to keep, even if they didn't disagree with Hatmaker. And I know so many people who love Matt Walsh because "like Trump, he just tells it like it is". Really this article makes me think of Trey Pearson, he was the lead singer of the massively successful Christian band "Everyday Sunday" and came out of the closet recently; he got booted from one of the biggest name Christian music festivals he was booked for. I've not heard any of his band's music on Christian radio since. Tons of churches stopped using his band's music, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2016, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2016 02:55 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(29-10-2016 07:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Really this article makes me think of Trey Pearson, he was the lead singer of the massively successful Christian band "Everyday Sunday" and came out of the closet recently; he got booted from one of the biggest name Christian music festivals he was booked for. I've not heard any of his band's music on Christian radio since. Tons of churches stopped using his band's music, etc.

That is Not Christian Enough.

Edit to Add: Seriously, though. Why can't the church figure these things out? LEARN, damnit!!

The prejudices of a hyper-Patriarchal tribal warrior/pastoralist desert society got themselves enshrined in the "things God hates" list, back when people didn't know what we now know about biology, especially epigenetics/genetics and endocrinology/neurology. That included prohibitions against spilling seed for any reason but to breed new warriors as fast as possible (Onanism for masturbation), homosexual (nonprocreative) behaviors, and several very odd notions about how filthy a menstruating woman's body really was... soiled everything, y'know!

It was pure ignorance, and no one takes seriously the stuff where it says a menstruating woman is so filthy that anything she touches is also soiled! For days! Yet we try to preserve the other narrow ways of looking at human sexuality. Even the notion of the strict family unit (so beloved an icon for the Catholic and Protestant sects alike to praise) was not historically a big thing until much later in Christanity-- Paul famously suggests it's not even worth getting married unless one feels one absolutely must! We don't take seriously the prohibitions against tattoos, blended fibers, or a host of of other strange ideas typical of an Iron Age tribal religious society that made their way into various scriptures... but we're really, really certain that a percent of gay (and the rest of a broad spectrum) phenotypic expressions of our sexuality are just as common and natural in humans as it is in most of the social creatures in the animal kingdom in which we observe it.

The Catholic Church managed to learn astrophysics, starting slowly from Copernicus and Galileo, but it got there pretty well. Mostly. The rest of the denominations contain at least some degree of failure to understand--if not outright rejection of--the Big Bang and the development of our planetary and celestial bodies, including Earth... Sol III. But when it comes to ignorance of evolution and failure to let go of non-allegorical meaning for Genesis, it's nearly cross-platform. I've been amazed to hear it coming out of the mouths of Catholics, to whom I must direct the words of the Pope on the subjects. Undecided

Y'all can learn! So learn how humans really work and not how the ancient tribal sheepherders and the reactionary-Hellenized Pharisee cultural ideals of Paul's say we are or should be. Or even how Jewish culture would have seen it in the time of Jesus... it's irrelevant to what we know, now, and are continuing to learn in a fairly-conclusive pattern. Likewise, a good understanding and explanation of why secular government, and not theocracy, is best for the freedom of religion, so atheists stop having to take up the Mantle of Sanity™ and stop people from not realizing the Pandora's Box they open when they try to implement their version of theocratic law in their area/nation. Several churches, to their credit, have begun to accept the modern reality that we have learned there's not a damned thing wrong with being gay, and it's time to let go of Bronze-to-Iron-Age prejudices that have managed to disguise themselves as "sin".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-10-2016, 03:55 AM
Da fuq is a "church planter?"

Meh, six in one, half-dozen in another. Jesus was pretty much a cunt, and a made-up one at that. That his followers take their own personal spin on truth is no surprise.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post