Not Quite Sure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Not Quite Sure.
Hello, my name is Collin. I'm a christian, but don't worry i'm not here to attempt to change your personal beliefs. I stumbled upon the site while doing research on a religious topic and found many of the questions asked by those in the community to be quite intriguing and thought provoking. Whether your struggling with your faith (doesn't have to be in a god) or just not quite sure where to put your faith I feel that looking at all points of view can be quite enlightening regardless of your acceptance of it. I hope I can offer some assistance in unanswered questions and in return be equally challenged with questions and maybe help me see something that iv missed. I have lots of questions and equally just as many answers. My main goal is to have my questions answered and hopefully you will take some of what I say into consideration and possibly even answer some of yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: Not Quite Sure.
(10-11-2014 09:49 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Hello, my name is Collin. I'm a christian, but don't worry i'm not here to attempt to change your personal beliefs. I stumbled upon the site while doing research on a religious topic and found many of the questions asked by those in the community to be quite intriguing and thought provoking. Whether your struggling with your faith (doesn't have to be in a god) or just not quite sure where to put your faith I feel that looking at all points of view can be quite enlightening regardless of your acceptance of it. I hope I can offer some assistance in unanswered questions and in return be equally challenged with questions and maybe help me see something that iv missed. I have lots of questions and equally just as many answers. My main goal is to have my questions answered and hopefully you will take some of what I say into consideration and possibly even answer some of yours.

Welcome! See you around the boards, jump into a thread or start one if you like....when you are ready to have a discussion on facts like; zero evidence for jesus, the systematic dismantlement of the OT or NT, or heck, even both, Xtian doctrine, etc etc, or even the philosophical discussion of morals or faith, let me know *beams* Big Grin

Again, welcome! Nice to have you onboard.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
10-11-2014, 10:14 PM
(10-11-2014 09:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:49 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Hello, my name is Collin. I'm a christian, but don't worry i'm not here to attempt to change your personal beliefs. I stumbled upon the site while doing research on a religious topic and found many of the questions asked by those in the community to be quite intriguing and thought provoking. Whether your struggling with your faith (doesn't have to be in a god) or just not quite sure where to put your faith I feel that looking at all points of view can be quite enlightening regardless of your acceptance of it. I hope I can offer some assistance in unanswered questions and in return be equally challenged with questions and maybe help me see something that iv missed. I have lots of questions and equally just as many answers. My main goal is to have my questions answered and hopefully you will take some of what I say into consideration and possibly even answer some of yours.

Welcome! See you around the boards, jump into a thread or start one if you like....when you are ready to have a discussion on facts like; zero evidence for jesus, the systematic dismantlement of the OT or NT, or heck, even both, Xtian doctrine, etc etc, or even the philosophical discussion of morals or faith, let me know *beams* Big Grin

Thank you, I joined not to convert, but to shed some light on a a heated topic. I would never shove Jesus down anyone's throat. Most of my arguments wouldn't pertain to Christianity. Rather I would prefer to explain the evidence of an intelligent designer. But if you have any questions about Christianity id be more than happy to answer them to the best of my abilities. I see you have a minor in religious studies, it's nice to see an atheist take time to look at least look into religion.
11-11-2014, 08:13 AM
(10-11-2014 10:14 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  it's nice to see an atheist take time to look at least look into religion.

Many atheists were religious. Many of us who never were have still looked into it because if theists are right it'd be important to know. The problem is that the evidence never seems to support the claims.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-11-2014, 08:17 AM
I was a southern baptist Christian actually, son of a minister. Parents got divorced later and mom became a Pentecostal minister of local fame, and father became a Mormon. I have studied mythology for over 30 years, and along that path I discovered that the more I learned of the falsehoods, fabrication and interpolations of the faith, the less I believed. If YOU would like me to teach you about Xtian doctrine, and the beginnings of your faith, let me know. I enjoy helping those who seek the truth, finding their way...but alas, it seems like in other threads you are just another typical spammer who doesn't want to enter intellectual discourse, and is close minded to the the obvious truth set in front of you....your loss. Blind faith is such a prison for the mind.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
11-11-2014, 08:25 AM
*Waves*

Hello and welcome 5o the forums. Smile

Much cheers to all.
11-11-2014, 11:45 AM
(10-11-2014 10:14 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Welcome! See you around the boards, jump into a thread or start one if you like....when you are ready to have a discussion on facts like; zero evidence for jesus, the systematic dismantlement of the OT or NT, or heck, even both, Xtian doctrine, etc etc, or even the philosophical discussion of morals or faith, let me know *beams* Big Grin

Thank you, I joined not to convert, but to shed some light on a a heated topic. I would never shove Jesus down anyone's throat. Most of my arguments wouldn't pertain to Christianity. Rather I would prefer to explain the evidence of an intelligent designer. But if you have any questions about Christianity id be more than happy to answer them to the best of my abilities. I see you have a minor in religious studies, it's nice to see an atheist take time to look at least look into religion.

I was once a Christian...so I have no questions there. But, interesting you say you're not here to recruit anyone to your way of thinking, yet...your 'rep' comments sort of present a different picture. Consider

But, I will welcome you just the same...and hopefully, you are here for the right reasons. Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
11-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Re: Not Quite Sure.
Contrary to what you may think, many of us have studied religion & mythology. I was going to study comparative religions under Bart Ehrman at nearby UNC (we just call it "Carolina").
11-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Hello Fear,
You and I didn't hit it off too well last night in the middle of the Ninetesticles debacle.
My sincere apologies.
I hope we can continue from here without issue.
Welcome to the forum! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-11-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 01:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-11-2014 10:14 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Welcome! See you around the boards, jump into a thread or start one if you like....when you are ready to have a discussion on facts like; zero evidence for jesus, the systematic dismantlement of the OT or NT, or heck, even both, Xtian doctrine, etc etc, or even the philosophical discussion of morals or faith, let me know *beams* Big Grin

There is no evidence of an "intelligent designer". It's been debunked 3 ways to Sunday. It's also an argument against the gods. An omnipotent deity could have made life work without a complex design. We know how Choas Theory, and Evolution could have produced what we observe. The universe is not "fine tuned for life". The time in which life is observed in the universe is an infinitesimal fraction of the time the universe will exist. We have no questions about Christianity. There are scholars of religion here who know FAR MORE about your cult and its origins than you do. But stick around, YOU might learn something about how humans cooked it all up.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...m+debunked Post #9.

Why would anyone be so arrogant as to think all these people are just waiting around to have some random theist show up, and "enlighten" them with their opinions ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.