Not Really Here, But Not Gone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2012, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 08:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Not Really Here, But Not Gone
(05-05-2012 01:25 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  This is more or less the source of my anger.

I'm sorry for your loss. Now you got Girly crying from remembering when my Gramma died. Last thing she said to me on her deathbed was "The children."

Let your anger slide off like water off a duck, Sinner. At least that's what this Girly Duckie does. I don't allow anger in my establishment, no good ever comes of it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Sound advice Girly Man. It is worth heeding. Anger just festers and does not result in anything good. Cannot argue with that at all.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
(06-05-2012 12:33 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Sound advice Girly Man. It is worth heeding. Anger just festers and does not result in anything good. Cannot argue with that at all.

Yup. Just let it slide Sinner, whatever it is. I will not allow anything to make me angry. Because if I do it means I have lost my perspective and I cling to that for dear life. Wink ... Doesn't mean I don't know how to be a prick or asshole when circumstances call for it, just means I do it dispassionately.

06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
(06-05-2012 01:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 12:33 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Sound advice Girly Man. It is worth heeding. Anger just festers and does not result in anything good. Cannot argue with that at all.

Yup. Just let it slide Sinner, whatever it is. I will not allow anything to make me angry. Because if I do it means I have lost my perspective and I cling to that for dear life. Wink ... Doesn't mean I don't know how to be a prick or asshole when circumstances call for it, just means I do it dispassionately.
Don't mean to derail, but Girlys reply reminded me of serenity now. insanity later.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry for your loss, Sinner. Stay well.
06-05-2012, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 03:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-05-2012 03:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 01:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup. Just let it slide Sinner, whatever it is. I will not allow anything to make me angry. Because if I do it means I have lost my perspective and I cling to that for dear life. Wink ... Doesn't mean I don't know how to be a prick or asshole when circumstances call for it, just means I do it dispassionately.
Don't mean to derail, but Girlys reply reminded me of serenity now. insanity later.

More like insanity now, pennywise. Girly's been functionally insane for decades now. I get by only 'cause I'm pretty damn good at the functional part. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
(06-05-2012 03:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 01:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup. Just let it slide Sinner, whatever it is. I will not allow anything to make me angry. Because if I do it means I have lost my perspective and I cling to that for dear life. Wink ... Doesn't mean I don't know how to be a prick or asshole when circumstances call for it, just means I do it dispassionately.
Lol if only it were as easy to practice as to say. There has been so much side line drama, that I think it is starting to get to me. For instance, brother-in-law had a spat with his girlfriend. Decides to use a deception to test her affections. Tells no one. Then out of everyone to call/text she calls only my husband and me. Not mother-in-law who would know more about things in the family than anyone else.

Not going to go into my own family. Have a family member who lives for drama..that is all I will say there.

Have already sort of cut off my family member a bit with distance to maintain focus and sanity. Hubby told me he has taken care of his brother. I am telling you though....I am so wishing I could go paint balling.

Only down side to that...I bruise like a banana. ROFL

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
[+] 2 users Like AnotherSinner's post
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
(07-05-2012 09:58 AM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 03:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Don't mean to derail, but Girlys reply reminded me of serenity now. insanity later.
Lol if only it were as easy to practice as to say.

I'll grant you that it's likely easier for me than you. When you have serious doubts regarding your own existence it's much harder to get under your skin. Rule of thumb I use as to whether I should release the hounds or unleash the beast is whether or not these actions could have a long-term impact on me or mine (while still remembering to include in my consideration the doubts I have regarding my own existence). It rarely rises to that level. A few times a decade maybe. And when I do feign anger, it feels both psychologically and physically damaging to myself. Usually takes a couple of days or weeks to recover from.

(07-05-2012 09:58 AM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  ... I am telling you though....I am so wishing I could go paint balling.

Only down side to that...I bruise like a banana. ROFL

Try AirSoft. At least the welts will be smaller. Big Grin