Not a Christian not (yet??) an athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Not a Christian not (yet??) an athiest
I've been having an internal battle about Christianity.. really all my life, but only seriously let myself give in to the doubts and think logically for around a year now. I don't really consider myself an athiest, but I needed somewhere to go with my non-religious ideas as I live in the bible belt and can hardly mention any doubts to anyone around me. It's pretty crazy making. The only person in the world who knows I've basically given up Christianity is my amazing husband, who was never a Christian. Anyway, I needed a little support through this crazy ride and found a lot of helpful things from this site along the way so I thought this would be the place to come.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Roger_the_alien's post
30-06-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Not a Christian not (yet??) an athiest
Welcome to the forum. Might I suggest a browse through this topic? Might be worth your time Smile

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
30-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums Smile . You can find both a great deal of support and a lot of information here. Many of us have been in your position before. Coming out of religion is very scary. Its hard to think about literally everything in the world without god if that is what you have been doing your entire life (or the bible if you still believe in a higher power). It will get easier though, and everyone I know who has left the church feels much happier and much more secure than they did in it. Best of luck on your journey! Please do post more, and continue to share your story.
30-06-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2014 11:51 AM by DLJ.)
Welcome aboard the forum, doubting Roger.

(I'm assuming that your chosen forum name is not an instruction?!?)

We have maybe one or two here who might have been through the same experience.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-06-2014, 12:27 PM
(30-06-2014 10:03 AM)Roger_the_alien Wrote:  I've been having an internal battle about Christianity.. really all my life, but only seriously let myself give in to the doubts and think logically for around a year now. I don't really consider myself an athiest, but I needed somewhere to go with my non-religious ideas as I live in the bible belt and can hardly mention any doubts to anyone around me. It's pretty crazy making. The only person in the world who knows I've basically given up Christianity is my amazing husband, who was never a Christian. Anyway, I needed a little support through this crazy ride and found a lot of helpful things from this site along the way so I thought this would be the place to come.

Welcome. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Welcome and let us help detoxify you.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
30-06-2014, 12:42 PM
(30-06-2014 12:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Welcome and let us help detoxify you.

And where the hell have you been?!Angry

Here is a shark for the new guy

[Image: tiger-shark-622x363.jpg]

and a welcome back one for you.

[Image: salmonshark.jpg]

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
30-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Hello,

This is a great place to roam around, read, and talk.

I was in your shoes once and it's pretty miserable at times. When I found TTA, I already knew that the bible was bogus, but was unsure where to go from there.

Good to have you with us!
[Image: ctmwelcome_e0.gif]

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
30-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. And for the shark Smile I guess I should have mentioned in my first post, Roger the alien is my favorite character on American Dad... I'm actually a 23 year old female lol. But thank you all, looking forward to roaming around on the site Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Roger_the_alien's post
30-06-2014, 02:51 PM
(30-06-2014 02:38 PM)Roger_the_alien Wrote:  Thank you all for the warm welcome. And for the shark Smile I guess I should have mentioned in my first post, Roger the alien is my favorite character on American Dad... I'm actually a 23 year old female lol. But thank you all, looking forward to roaming around on the site Smile

American dad>Family guy.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post