Not a Christian not (yet??) an athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Not a Christian not (yet??) an athiest
Aye, I remember being in that "no man's land" between belief and atheism... It lasted quite a long time, but I knew it couldn't last and I'd have to make my mind up sooner or later.

Now I'm an atheist, and very comfortable with it... Just takes time.

Its probably better to think it out slowly rather than suddenly having everything you believe in thrown into doubt... That's where anxiety attacks come in, feeling life is meaningless, all that shit.

I was agnostic for probably about 2 years... Initially being somewhat torn, and at other times leaning one way or the other. At some point I realized that my agnosticism was terminal, the tide was headed in one direction and nothing would stop it, so I went with it and never looked back.

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Mine is the first boxer I've ever had and he's an amazing dog. I'll never be without a boxer now. And thanks for sharing a bit of your story, Sam... I feel that's the place I'm at with it right now-- battling it back and forth, and I have been for awhile. I just got up the courage to come to terms with my doubt enough to come here and explore.
03-07-2014, 08:00 AM
lol I swear I'm not that bad Tongue

But yeah, that's my dog in my avatar. Ever since we got him, we've been in love with the breed. We'll always have a boxer.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
(03-07-2014 08:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol I swear I'm not that bad Tongue

But yeah, that's my dog in my avatar. Ever since we got him, we've been in love with the breed. We'll always have a boxer.

Yeah KC is a cool guy. Think about it. He mods on an atheist website as a christian, and has to go by pictures and post of athiest making fun of his beliefs. He must have a very cool head.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
(30-06-2014 02:38 PM)Roger_the_alien Wrote:  Thank you all for the warm welcome. And for the shark Smile I guess I should have mentioned in my first post, Roger the alien is my favorite character on American Dad... I'm actually a 23 year old female lol. But thank you all, looking forward to roaming around on the site Smile

Roger that, Roger. Thumbsup I like the name Roger for a female - it's unpretentious.

Glad you found this place Roger, it might help you to know you aren't alone. Faith or no faith, religion is quite insular... as is the bible belt. This is global site so, it might also help you to expand your world view. There usually interesting discussions going on so whenever you feel ready, don't hesitate to join in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post