Not coming out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: Not coming out!
First things I thought about were talkorigins and whyevolutionistrue but then Kim started going on about her lady boner and my thoughts went downhill from there. Tongue

Welcome n00b.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2017, 03:53 PM
The choice to "come out" can be a momentous one, and there's no need to rush it.

Often the reactions may be unexpected. I realized I was an atheist at 13, but I didn't actually tell anybody until I was in college. To my surprise, it didn't seem to be a big deal to anyone I told there, and most of my friends and acquaintances have known about my atheism since I was 18.

Except for my parents, which I didn't work up the cojones to tell until I was 32. And when I did, I got another surprise -- two, actually. Dad had always been pretty straight-laced, strict, and conservative, and mom had always supported me in all my hair-brained pursuits and passions. But when it came to being an atheist, mom was appalled, and dad was like, "Well, he's an adult; he has to believe what he believes." No big deal. So, you never know; it's good to be cautious where other people's feelings are concerned.

Welcome to the forum, mustardseed. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
01-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Just in case anyone really wants an intense, informative and continually growing resource... TTA does have an excellent onsite library. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-03-2017, 01:59 AM
(24-02-2017 08:54 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't think you should upset your elderly mother either.

But you can still wear a T-shirt emblazoned with "THERE IS NO AFTERLIFE".

When asked, just tell people that you are being ironic.
06-03-2017, 06:06 PM
(26-02-2017 07:58 AM)port_of_call Wrote:  I want to thank everyone for the videos and links to outside articles you all post. You provide much better information than Google. Smile

tru dat! Big Grin
06-03-2017, 06:10 PM
(28-02-2017 06:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  First things I thought about were talkorigins and whyevolutionistrue but then Kim started going on about her lady boner and my thoughts went downhill from there. Tongue

Welcome n00b.

HAH! Thanks for the links!
06-03-2017, 06:15 PM
(01-03-2017 03:53 PM)Dr H Wrote:  So, you never know; it's good to be cautious where other people's feelings are concerned.

Welcome to the forum, mustardseed. Smile

Thanks! I'd love to discuss with my mom but besides being a devout Southern Baptist she also suffers from Major Depressive Disorder. It would send her over the edge.

Oh well, it's nice having a group to come out too!
[+] 1 user Likes mustardseed's post
06-03-2017, 06:16 PM
(02-03-2017 01:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 08:54 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't think you should upset your elderly mother either.

But you can still wear a T-shirt emblazoned with "THERE IS NO AFTERLIFE".

When asked, just tell people that you are being ironic.

LOL! maybe I could wear that for my halloween outfitBig Grin
06-03-2017, 07:16 PM
TTA can be your haven away from co-workers, along with your place to look for research material Tongue

Welcome to TTA! Shy

07-03-2017, 05:17 AM
(06-03-2017 07:16 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  TTA can be your haven away from co-workers, along with your place to look for research material Tongue

Welcome to TTA! Shy

thanks!