Not enough Skeptic TV shows.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Not enough Skeptic TV shows.
I'm going to be honest I used to love and I mean LOVE ghost, alien, and psychic shows. I absent over them feeling that they held the truth to the supernatural. But then I found Penn & Tellers Bullshit. That show made me much more skeptical, and looking deeper into some of their clams I found it harder to believe in the old shows that I held so prominently.

I've been searching for some other Skeptical shows but I finding there are so few.

I mostly only know of Bullshit! 19
James Randi Psychic Investigator
Conspiracy Road Trip

But it feels like a really short list if you compare to the multitudes of Ancient Alien, Finding Bigfoot, Most Haunted etc etc. type shows that can be found.

Why aren't there more skeptical shows?

Or is there a hidden treasure troth that i'm not aware of?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: Not enough Skeptic TV shows.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
06-02-2016, 05:28 PM
(06-02-2016 04:38 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm going to be honest I used to love and I mean LOVE ghost, alien, and psychic shows. I absent over them feeling that they held the truth to the supernatural. But then I found Penn & Tellers Bullshit. That show made me much more skeptical, and looking deeper into some of their clams I found it harder to believe in the old shows that I held so prominently.

I've been searching for some other Skeptical shows but I finding there are so few.

Conspiracy Road Trip

But it feels like a really short list if you compare to the multitudes of Ancient Alien, Finding Bigfoot, Most Haunted etc etc. type shows that can be found.

Instead of skeptical shows, you might find science shows fulfilling.

PBS has Nova, Nature, Secrets of the Dead, Nova ScienceNOW, and many specials.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Adam Ruins Everything is kinda fun. Not your typical form of skepticism, but he uses facts to debunk common misconceptions, while poking fun at the fact that regular folks don't exactly appreciate it when you do.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
06-02-2016, 06:02 PM
(06-02-2016 04:38 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm going to be honest I used to love and I mean LOVE ghost, alien, and psychic shows. I absent over them feeling that they held the truth to the supernatural. But then I found Penn & Tellers Bullshit. That show made me much more skeptical, and looking deeper into some of their clams I found it harder to believe in the old shows that I held so prominently.

Conspiracy Road Trip

Make one.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 07:36 PM
(06-02-2016 06:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Conspiracy Road Trip

Make one.

Only if you're my cynical side kick.

Plus I don't really have the capital to start anything like that. I've been trying for the last 8 years to get my cartoon show off the ground and it hasn't been going well.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
07-02-2016, 02:57 AM
(06-02-2016 07:36 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Only if you're my cynical side kick.

Plus I don't really have the capital to start anything like that. I've been trying for the last 8 years to get my cartoon show off the ground and it hasn't been going well.

You need a producer.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 04:42 AM
(06-02-2016 07:36 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 06:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Make one.

Only if you're my cynical side kick.

Make a skeptical cartoon, fill little minds with critical thinking skills before the church gets a hold of them. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-02-2016, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 08:59 AM by cactus.)
Make a hardcore anti-theist cartoon, fill little minds with Hitchens quotes. I'm sure their parents will love your show Cool

"Mommy, I wanna watch the one where Binky marries the woman he raped, but then he stones her to death after he finds out that she's slept with other women."
"Ooooh, sweetie you love that one so much. Okay, but we'll wait until daddy brings your sister home from daycare, so we can all watch together."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-02-2016, 11:39 AM
(07-02-2016 04:42 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 07:36 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Only if you're my cynical side kick.

Make a skeptical cartoon, fill little minds with critical thinking skills before the church gets a hold of them. Thumbsup

Maybe I will. I'll post some short strips on here.