Not exactly pedophilia, but

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Not exactly pedophilia, but
(29-01-2012 05:40 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I dare say that it's our culture that decides these things.

Of course it's cultural, how else to explain the range from 13-18 yo in Europe? In some states in Mexico it's 12 or "puberty". Creepy is always cultural.

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Japan also has age of consent at the lower end of the scale.
I don’t have an issue with teens sleeping with other teens but when the age gap is closer to double digits it’s a bit off.
Informed consent is what we should be aiming for, let them know the ins and outs (no pun intended) as soon as they are old enough to understand and it’ll open up communication lines early on.
It’s one of those things where the more you know about it the less likely you are to try it out without being 100% sure your ready.

Well, I think so anyway…

Saying it’s a sin/wrong/bad/dirty etc works well though, as does pushing abstaince, be why the teen pregnancy is at an all time low…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
30-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Perhaps a very small percentage of them are mature enough. But we have to draw the law line somewhere. We can't allow each person to take it upon themselves to decide whether or not the 12 year old next door is mature enough for an adult relationship. While physically a 15 or 16 year old is very often developed enough for a sexual relationship they tend to not be mentally developed or mature enough to make decisions in their best interest. I think 18 is a pretty good line in the sand.

And here is an obligatory pic of 15 year old Angie Varona.
[Image: angie_varona_039-600x450.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Ouch. (to the picture) Why does people think it's cool to be sexy with a toilet in the background? And how come a 15-year old have such anatomically illogical breasts?

Here in Norway the legal age is still 16, and as far as I know, no one is thinking seriuosly about changing that. Nobody in position to change it, anyway. I didn't know that other European countries had such low legal age, but then I haven't really paid attention to that until today.

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Cubic Bubbles's post
31-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Although the legal is age is technically 14 in parts of Europe you can still be up to your neck in shit if you try to go ahead and have a relationship with someone that age and you are well into your 30s lets say.
Even if its not de facto , minors are still protected under the law and you can get into some serious problems.
Also , how is 12 not pedophilia ? As far as I know pedophilia is characterized as a predominant or exclusive sexual attraction to 5-13 year old children ? Or did I understand wrongly ?

And now excuse me while I go vomit.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like gaglamesh731's post
31-01-2012, 10:11 AM
(31-01-2012 07:18 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Although the legal is age is technically 14 in parts of Europe you can still be up to your neck in shit if you try to go ahead and have a relationship with someone that age and you are well into your 30s lets say.
Even if its not de facto , minors are still protected under the law and you can get into some serious problems.
Also , how is 12 not pedophilia ? As far as I know pedophilia is characterized as a predominant or exclusive sexual attraction to 5-13 year old children ? Or did I understand wrongly ?

And now excuse me while I go vomit.

It's not defined by age but by puberty. Pedophilia is sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi

Been absent from this forum for several months but checking back in and saw this thread and was interested in the view points. Anyway, personally, I think the general rule should be that a 12 year old is never going to be mature enough to make an informed decision about sex. Obviously not all 12 year old's are created equal and some will be more mature than others but I'm of the opinion that protection children from themselves is always a good idea. Just because you can doesn't mean you should and children are rarely wise or mature enough to understand the consequences of their actions. This isn't the 19th century and 50% of the population dying off before age 30. 15 is not middle age for most people. There is not only nothing wrong with treating children as children but I'd go further and say any moral and responsible society will do exactly that.

All that said, there are obviously degrees here. If a 14 year old and a 12 year old have sex, you are talking about 2 kids who made bad decisions but didn't know any better. However, any adult that sexually touches a child, even a "consenting" child, should be beaten with a baseball bat like a pinata until all the candy comes out of them. There is never a scenario where an adult in a relationship with a child is not taking advantage of that child, period.

My 2 cents at least.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
31-01-2012, 02:11 PM
There is also a double standard that a 12 year-old boy having sex is normal but a 12 year-old girl is wrong. Sex education in America is lacking and both should be waiting to engage in sexual intercourse and never with anyone not in their age-group, until they reach adulthood I suppose. I have a 15 year-old nephew who keeps parading around the fact that he is not a virgin as if it is a trophy. He will regret that one day, especially since the girl dumped him.

Evolve
31-01-2012, 02:15 PM
(31-01-2012 02:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There is also a double standard that a 12 year-old boy having sex is normal but a 12 year-old girl is wrong. Sex education in America is lacking and both should be waiting to engage in sexual intercourse and never with anyone not in their age-group, until they reach adulthood I suppose. I have a 15 year-old nephew who keeps parading around the fact that he is not a virgin as if it is a trophy. He will regret that one day, especially since the girl dumped him.

Actually, I have no problem with a double standard.

When I was 13 or 14 I would have killed to have sex with my Latin teacher.
Should she have been prosecuted for statutory rape had my fantasy come true?

I don't believe so; and I'm quite sure it would not have done me harm nor caused any regrets. My regret is that it didn't happen.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-01-2012, 02:44 PM
(31-01-2012 02:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  When I was 13 or 14 I would have killed to have sex with my Latin teacher.
Should she have been prosecuted for statutory rape had my fantasy come true?

If she had sex with you when you were 13 or 14, she absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt should have been prosecuted.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post