Not exactly pedophilia, but

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2012, 07:02 AM
RE: Not exactly pedophilia, but
(01-02-2012 06:50 AM)BnW Wrote:  Who cares about what the 14 year old boy wants? My question is what kind of grown woman wants to have sex with a child? There is something predatory about that. I have a 10 year old son and if a teacher, I don't care how hot she is, made an advance at him, I would have to b e restrained.

The woman is being kind, not predatory. There is a tradition of teaching the facts of life in many societies. The current outrage in the U.S. is fueled by fundamentalist Judeo-Christian warped sexual views, a new Puritanism.

You appear to have fallen victim to it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Not exactly pedophilia, but
Might as well through in my opinions on the recent replies.

As far as the whole 13 year old guy and older women scenario goes, I see this on two different levels. Is it a particularly damaging thing for the guy? No. If there was no wider picture to the situation would I see it as a crime, let alone a major crime? Probably not, maybe a minor crime but, lets face it, it was probably instigated by the guy anyway. However, I think it would be almost impossible to legislate for and even though in those situations 99% of guys wouldn't be being damaged or exploited in anyway I would keep it illegal just to protect the 1% who are.

As far as girls are concerned I totally agree with everyone else (for the most part), it's completely wrong for an older guy to have any sexual contact with a girl in her early to mid teens. There is no situation where it is acceptable. The only place where I disagree with some people (and it's nothing to with paedophilia and so kinda off-topic), is regarding teenagers having sex with each other. I personally think that the majority of teenagers having sex with other teenagers their own age have no reason to be psychologically damaged by it, boys or girls. I know plenty of girls who lost their virginity in their early teens and are completely unconcerned by it. I actually think that, as a society, we inadvertently programme teenagers that they should feel dirty and generally negative about sex and effectively cause a problem that doesn't exist.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post