Not feeling...anything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 06:47 AM
RE: Not feeling...anything
OP- you should talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist about what you described. You should also seek marriage counseling with your wife.

A feeling of indifference is a common symptom of depression. A lot of people think they need to feel 'sad'-but this is not the case. I really strongly urge you to take the plunge with a licensed professional.

A spouse or s/o can suffer secondary symptoms of the same issue, even if you think you aren't depressed, and you think I'm a fool for suggesting it, talk to a pro for your wife's sake.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 06:47 AM
(18-11-2015 06:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 06:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Some people have cancer and are fighting for their lives. My advice is: wake up to yourself. Stop being a weak sad sack and grow some balls.

Too bad things don't work the way the Banjo psychiatry school teaches.

People also have MS and other diseases. FT you are smart enough to know that life is fleeting. A bus can hit you walking across the street.

My point is this: Don't waste your life. It is short and finite.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 07:03 AM
(18-11-2015 06:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 06:38 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I do what I want fool!!

You didn't want to use the appropriate thread?

Yet I'm the fool?

Okay, I have been called worse. Smile

Both this and ranting thread are appropriate. Though a rant is usually more out of anger and he is not angry so. Also says the guy who posted in Mark Fultons Boxing Ring thread when you are not supposed to Dodgy

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-11-2015, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 07:30 AM by Free Thought.)
(18-11-2015 06:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 06:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Too bad things don't work the way the Banjo psychiatry school teaches.

People also have MS and other diseases.

And some people have disorders like depression.

(18-11-2015 06:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  FT you are smart enough to know that life is fleeting. A bus can hit you walking across the street.

The problem is that while it is true that it is best not to waste the one life you have on negativity, some don't make that choice and telling people who don't to suck it up doesn't help.
I don't want to hijack Krispy's thread, but let me tell you that I sure as hell don't chose it. I've spent years trying to flip the 'happy' switch in my brain on and keep it there, and despite years of trying the only thing I've gotten for it is a voice that rings in the back of my mind telling me that I don't have any real problems, that I'm just a weak, pathetic little bitch that needs to grow a pair or throw in the towel.

[Post-thought] I apologise for being so short. I've been having an off-day.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-11-2015, 07:36 AM
(18-11-2015 07:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've spent years trying to flip the 'happy' switch in my brain on and despite years of trying the only thing I've gotten for it is a voice that rings in the back of my mind telling me that I don't have any real problems, that I'm just a weak, pathetic little bitch that needs to grow a pair or throw in the towel.

You are incorrect about the happy switch. Brain is a very complicated thing. No such thing as a switch. Your depression - how long? You ever seen someone about it? If not, seek treatment. Don't think that it's trivial so you shouldn't do so, or that you're weak and pathetic. You are facing a real problem. The problem is not that you are these things (even if you think you are), the *actual* problem is that you can't break out of the cycle of negative thought. A weak person can become strong, a pathetic person can become... not-pathetic. But to do that they have to break the mental wall first, and it's not weak or pathetic or wrong to seek help to do so. It's also not something easy or quick to do.

I think a lot of your problems stem from your family being a right bunch of crazy people, so again - that's not your fault, so don't hold yourself responsible.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-11-2015, 07:38 AM
(18-11-2015 07:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 06:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  People also have MS and other diseases.

And some people have disorders like depression.

(18-11-2015 06:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  FT you are smart enough to know that life is fleeting. A bus can hit you walking across the street.

The problem is that while it is true that it is best not to waste the one life you have on negativity, some don't make that choice and telling people who don't to suck it up doesn't help.
I don't want to hijack Krispy's thread, but let me tell you that I sure as hell don't chose it. I've spent years trying to flip the 'happy' switch in my brain on and despite years of trying the only thing I've gotten for it is a voice that rings in the back of my mind telling me that I don't have any real problems, that I'm just a weak, pathetic little bitch that needs to grow a pair or throw in the towel.

That's the best life has taught me. Suck it up or die. I live by that creed daily. And it seems to work.

Mate seriously, I've been on my own since 1972. Life has taught me some things. Most of which Life is tough. The weak go under and the strong survive. I have seen many friends die. Some from drugs and other variations of the same.

There was this beautiful girl.... Died of a heroin overdoes. So young and gorgeous and full of life. I'll never forget her bawling father on the phone to me...

You don't like the benefit of my real life experience? You're at uni right? Just wait, life is out there, and it is waiting for you too. Tongue

Prepare yourself. It's no ticket to ride. (shameless Beatles pun)

Shit happens more often than not my friend. Depression? Live in a Brotherhood bin for two months, and live by stealing cans of tuna. That's depression!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Hug I think it's a normal response that when you are so mentally exhausted and emotionally drained from dealing with things, that you just kind of shut down emotionally and stop feeling anything.

I know you said you do yoga, but have you also tried meditation? It really calms your mind and helps channel the way you react to things. Yoga also has some breathing techniques that help with anxiety and aid in relaxing the mind.

I also like the idea someone had about finding an outlet, something you enjoy doing, something to help focus your mind on to other things, something to become passionate about. Maybe a support group would also help?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-11-2015, 12:03 PM
(18-11-2015 04:41 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I don't sleep a lot anymore. Night time is way too quiet and days too noisy. When I try and close my eyes I see so many random images. Some are traumatic like past things I've actually seen or random figures. Some are just random like the horses face I saw last night. I don't really enjoy too much anymore either. It's so hard to knowing that's it's meaningless. Yes I know that life is what you make it but what's the point when what you make of it will be wiped from existence eventually? There are good days don't get me wrong but they are starting to be outweighed by the bad ones. Days where I can't stand people and their perpetual bullshit. You know the whole positivity bullshit. I wonder if those people know how bad everything is and they are just trying to cover it up too? Part of me wishes I could go back to that outlook on life ya know.

I've also completely lost my wife. She's taken too much of this and I can tell she's just as depressed as I am because she thinks that if she's not helping she's not doing her wifely duty. We don't really talk and we sleep in separate rooms most of the time. We aren't made at each other and we do love each other but all of this gets exhausting.
It does get exhausting. However, you can get back to that point where positivity reigns supreme. I won't do into my personal details but PTSD is a very real battle. You have to work on yourself as part of the fight against it. I know how hopeless and desperate things might seem but you have to fight the negative lens that everything is being viewed through. You won't always win that fight however, over time, you will defeat the lens of negativity more and more.

I won't speak for everyone else but you can always send me a PM if you need to vent.
19-11-2015, 11:43 AM
(18-11-2015 07:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 07:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And some people have disorders like depression.

I don't want to hijack Krispy's thread, but let me tell you that I sure as hell don't chose it. I've spent years trying to flip the 'happy' switch in my brain on and despite years of trying the only thing I've gotten for it is a voice that rings in the back of my mind telling me that I don't have any real problems, that I'm just a weak, pathetic little bitch that needs to grow a pair or throw in the towel.

That's the best life has taught me. Suck it up or die. I live by that creed daily. And it seems to work.

Mate seriously, I've been on my own since 1972. Life has taught me some things. Most of which Life is tough. The weak go under and the strong survive. I have seen many friends die. Some from drugs and other variations of the same.

There was this beautiful girl.... Died of a heroin overdoes. So young and gorgeous and full of life. I'll never forget her bawling father on the phone to me...

You don't like the benefit of my real life experience? You're at uni right? Just wait, life is out there, and it is waiting for you too. Tongue

Prepare yourself. It's no ticket to ride. (shameless Beatles pun)

Shit happens more often than not my friend. Depression? Live in a Brotherhood bin for two months, and live by stealing cans of tuna. That's depression!

Your philosophy is fine as far as it goes, but it is pretty much impossible to follow for those suffering untreated clinical depression.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-11-2015, 12:18 PM
You know a person can't "think" themself out of depression, right Banjo? I mean I know you're in a tough spot, but when someone reaches out, telling them all about how easy they have it compared to people with cancer and MS is kind of a dick move. You don't hold a monopoly on suffering bro. We all feel our own pain in our own way, for our own reasons.

Krispy, that's fuckin awful man. I'm so sorry you're going through this shit. I can certainly empathize to some degree. This last year I've tasted depression, and it's one of the worst things I've ever been through. For me, I got to a point where I just didn't feel at all because if I allowed myself to feel my own pain I was sure I'd end my own life.

I survived (still struggling, but still here) and I'm one weak motherfucker. A tough fucker like you is gonna get through this shit like a champ. I think the advice to talk to a pro is good advice. Talking to us is a good thing, but a professional will really help you see around some of those corners that are just so blind right now.

Take it easy brother. I'm rooting for you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post