Not "goodbye." Just "see ya later"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Not "goodbye." Just "see ya later"
Well, I hadn't intended on some silly "goodbye thread". It's pretty obvious I've decided my time here on the forum has been long, and slightly exhausted. So it's no surprise that I've decided to give up the reigns. Although the decision was rather sudden, it wasn't without forethought. If the people taking over didn't have my full confidence, I would never leave. As it happens, they do have my confidence, and I am grateful for that.

What prompted me to post this was not to say goodbye. It 's to say thank you. When word got round, I found my PM inbox getting a steady flow of kindness. What really amazed me was that I was getting these messages telling me that I'll be missed, and yet no one tried to pressure me into staying. It felt like all my friends on here were really being respectful of my decision. I really appreciate that more than you guys know.

As some of you know, I've had a few health issues lately. I don't want you to think that's why I'm leaving. My health is what it is, and I'm very cool with it. I'm a fighter. Stubborn. Bull headed. This shit don't stand a chance against my Raving lunacy. Don't you worry bout this kid.

My decision to leave is solely based on the feeling that I've done everything I can here. I'm proud of what has grown from my crazy idea to turn a five member forum, with a single section, into what we have now. It's a good forum. It's just no longer my forum. That's all. No biggie. I'm not upset that the forum evolved beyond my ideas. In fact I'm glad it did!

Unfortunately, some shit did hit the fan. The job of admin is a thankless one. It really is. That, coupled with our members wanting something different was the straw that broke the camels back. I realized I wasn't moving this place forward, but instead, holding it back. That's no good for me, OR you guys.

Remind yourselves to thank Erx often. I mean it. He's good at being neutral, and that is VERY hard to do. He'll take care of this place, but you guys gotta take care of him too. Let him know you appreciate him. It matters. That goes for the rest of the Team too. They put a lot of themselves into this forum. Love you guys.

As for me, well....you all know how much I hate rules. I've placed no rules on myself as to what my continued relationship with this forum will be. Sure, right now I am done, but fuck it, if tonight I wanna start a thread, I'll do just that. When I get an email telling me I have a message, you're damn right I'm gonna check it. Hell there's still threads I'd like to see the outcome of.

So yes. Stark Raving will still be lurking. Watching. Kinda like Santa. Except creepier.

Take care all of you. Try to remember that all of you is what makes this a great forum.

... Drinking Beverage

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 17 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-12-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Not "goodbye." Just "see ya later"
Glad to know you'll be looking over our shoulders, Stark.

Take care of yourself, man.

Hug

No homo.

Oh wait . . .

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
29-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks for taking the time to explain a bit. Change is difficult. Good luck to you!

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

29-12-2012, 04:07 PM

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
29-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Good to know you'll be lurking!!
Take care!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Goodbye! = ( I'll miss you, hope to see you again.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
29-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Going to miss you Starky. Take good care of yourself and family, and be sure to light one up for all of us. Smile

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 04:39 PM
tl;dr

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 4 users Like germanyt's post
29-12-2012, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 03:19 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
Glad you'll be around, I was afraid you were wandering the back roads of Canada with a bong and no map or GPS Smile and we wouldn't hear from you.

Thanks for all the work you put in here. As for Lord Erxy I'll be sure to give him a kick in the behind now and then for you...I mean be nice to him, yeah, that is what I meant.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
29-12-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ure?page=7

Top of page 7 post 61. (the one with the good looking avatar)

Quote ...

"the integrity of this forum has been defended by Stark Raving, it was necessary."

good job Stark Raving all the best mate... see you around.

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
[/font][/size]

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
[+] 1 user Likes watchman's post