Not just Catholic Priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2011, 02:23 AM
RE: Not just Catholic Priests
That's terrible, that gay teacher should be shot dead.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2011, 02:57 AM
(14-12-2011 02:23 AM)Filox Wrote:  That's terrible, that gay teacher should be shot dead.

Smile

Teasing is a crime too, you cruel nasty knnnnight Tongue Go and boil your bottom...
14-12-2011, 07:25 AM
(13-12-2011 12:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 08:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm suspecting there would be few high-fives given to the gay teen, am I right or wrong?

You're right. And what your example does is throw into high relief why this is a crime, at least to my mind. Kids don't even *know* if they're gay or straight at that age. It's an age of experimentation. An adult interfering with the self-discovery process is moulding that kid in a way that on his/her own he/she may not have chosen. Imposing their own already formed identity on someone who's pretty much helpless to resist. It's just not playing fair...

I got no problem with a kid that turns out straight because he had sex with a teach at 14. Besides, isn't the new consensus that being gay is genetic and not environment.
14-12-2011, 08:11 AM
(14-12-2011 07:25 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  I got no problem with a kid that turns out straight because he had sex with a teach at 14. Besides, isn't the new consensus that being gay is genetic and not environment.

Do you assert that being gay is *all* genetic? I think environment must have at least some influence? I'm just idly exploring this thing, please realise. It seems I end up on the oh-so-sensitive side of this debate, but as you say, in reality probably nothing bad will come of it. Allow me to reiterate: if we/society don't disapprove, why is it illegal? That's why I'm arguing from this position... to explore the reason.
14-12-2011, 08:49 AM
(14-12-2011 02:23 AM)Filox Wrote:  That's terrible, that gay teacher should be shot dead.

Smile

I feel as if the Troll of Justice somehow hacked Filox's account. Or are they actually one and the same person? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2011, 09:38 AM
(14-12-2011 08:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 07:25 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  I got no problem with a kid that turns out straight because he had sex with a teach at 14. Besides, isn't the new consensus that being gay is genetic and not environment.

Do you assert that being gay is *all* genetic? I think environment must have at least some influence? I'm just idly exploring this thing, please realise. It seems I end up on the oh-so-sensitive side of this debate, but as you say, in reality probably nothing bad will come of it. Allow me to reiterate: if we/society don't disapprove, why is it illegal? That's why I'm arguing from this position... to explore the reason.

The most likely explanation of sexual orientation is something in fetal development. Hox genes turn on and off other genes differentially across the fetus and will cause hormones, like testosterone, to be produced in various concentrations at various times in various areas. Fetal development is a very complex dance of chemicals, with exquisite timing. But it's not always the same steps in every dance.

So, this sort of genetic, and definitely environmental, but when junior exits into the world, what's done is done. Nothing else will have anything like the magnitude of the influences in the womb. Being brought up in a world that accepts homosexuality or one that doesn't may change one's public behavior, but it will do nothing for orientation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I realise we might be getting slightly off topic here. I thought I'd check out wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orie...ic_factors
Quote:The Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2007 stated:[6]
Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person's fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment. Sexual orientation is therefore not a choice.

On the same page they even say that abuse is not a factor in determining sexual orientation... (I think, I've closed it already), so it's interesting, the genetic influence is so strong that even quite hectic environmental factors can't actually change one's sexual orientation.
15-12-2011, 06:03 AM
It appears I have started my apprenticeship in Hamata Ks school. It was unintentional, but true trolling must be like that, so all is good. Master, do you accept me as your new padawan?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
15-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I used to date a guy that a sitation like this actually happened. He grew up to be a child psychologist. He would argue vehemently with you guys and the situation being OK for a boy and not a girl. I'm pretty sure that he was ok with it when it was happening but it has had some effects on his relationships with women for sure. Also, he is one of the most emotional men I've ever met, ( quite the turn-off and reason we are not still dating actually ) to the point of talking about his emotions 24/7 and being brought to tears in public over the smallest things. Now I don't know if the reason that he is so emotional has anything to do with this --- or if more probably the reason he was affected by it so much is due to him being so emotional?!

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
15-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Some little punks just have all the luck.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain