Not so Great Britain.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Not so Great Britain.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...03918.html

This is quite worrying. Not because I think genuine Islamophobia is okay, because it isn't. What's worrying is the massive increase of people being labelled Islamophobia for simple criticism. I dread to think what will be deemed Islamophobic under the law if the severity of this crime is increased.

I bet a lot of muslims are actually hating this, because it makes them look like they've requested special treatment and to be exempt from criticism. This in turn encourages even MORE Islamophobia. It's just fucking stupid. Muslims are not idiots, they can handle criticism and debate in Western countries (increasingly so, anyway).

Antisemitism is the more common in Britain, and the Jewish community in Europe have gone to great lengths to exclaim the growth of it right now. What about them? Eurgh.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Not so Great Britain.
The British get what they deserve for electing idiot progressives repeatedly. Sadly America is headed down the same path.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
25-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I despair.

25-04-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2015 06:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-04-2015 05:31 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The British get what they deserve for electing idiot progressives repeatedly. Sadly America is headed down the same path.

You mean like the path that the liberal bastion of the Peoples Republic of Maryland which has the highest median income in the country, consistently ranks in the top 5 of the most educated States, gives illegal immigrants driver's licenses and health insurance and in-state tuition at our universities, welcomes faggots and dykes to marry, and has an unemployment rate of around 5%. That kind of progressive path? You could do worse. Your State likely does do worse.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-04-2015, 07:34 PM
(25-04-2015 05:31 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The British get what they deserve for electing idiot progressives repeatedly. Sadly America is headed down the same path.

Coming from someone like you, it shows we're doing the right thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
25-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Have they figured out what it means to be British yet?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Quote:The Labour Party’s manifesto has said it will toughen hate crimes law on disabled, homophobic and transphobic offences.

“Our Government will be absolutely committed to equality not just in law but in fact too. We are committed to race equality strategy. That is why we are committed to breaking down barriers of discrimination,” he added.

There's two sides to this. I fully agree that discrimination based on how you were born, whether because of your gender, race, sexuality, body etc should be stopped. These are things that people do not have a choice about.

Religion though is a grey area. You do have a choice about whether you are an atheist, Muslim, Christian etc.

But on the other hand it is also a mental virus which is used to condition children from birth. Some liken it to child abuse. To a certain degree there is a lack of choice in this regard if you have been raised from birth to need to believe in something. But again on the other hand, religion (unlike homosexuality say) is a lifestyle practice that seeks to spread as much as possible and seeks power. Because of that there is absolutely cannot be exempt from free speech. But there is a difference between criticism and hate speech. The former uses facts, evidence and statistics, the latter uses appeals to emotion.

We also have to see this in context. The establishment are shit scared of problems with social integration in this country. Unfortunately, although Labour may believe that they are doing the right thing historically they have lacked competence in actually implementing things. They never take into account unintended consequences. So all in all another step down the road towards fascism.

As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions or something like that.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Quote:Muslims are not idiots, they can handle criticism and debate in Western countries (increasingly so, anyway).

You think so?

[Image: article-1338397-08770ACE000005DC-294_468x286.jpg]

I haven't noticed that.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
25-04-2015, 08:07 PM
(25-04-2015 08:04 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Muslims are not idiots, they can handle criticism and debate in Western countries (increasingly so, anyway).

You think so?

[Image: article-1338397-08770ACE000005DC-294_468x286.jpg]

I haven't noticed that.

Yeah most every muslim I have ever met think those people are morons and wish they would go away, makes em all look stupid.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-04-2015, 03:44 AM
(25-04-2015 07:44 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
Quote:The Labour Party’s manifesto has said it will toughen hate crimes law on disabled, homophobic and transphobic offences.

“Our Government will be absolutely committed to equality not just in law but in fact too. We are committed to race equality strategy. That is why we are committed to breaking down barriers of discrimination,” he added.

There's two sides to this. I fully agree that discrimination based on how you were born, whether because of your gender, race, sexuality, body etc should be stopped. These are things that people do not have a choice about.

Religion though is a grey area. You do have a choice about whether you are an atheist, Muslim, Christian etc.

But on the other hand it is also a mental virus which is used to condition children from birth. Some liken it to child abuse. To a certain degree there is a lack of choice in this regard if you have been raised from birth to need to believe in something. But again on the other hand, religion (unlike homosexuality say) is a lifestyle practice that seeks to spread as much as possible and seeks power. Because of that there is absolutely cannot be exempt from free speech. But there is a difference between criticism and hate speech. The former uses facts, evidence and statistics, the latter uses appeals to emotion.

We also have to see this in context. The establishment are shit scared of problems with social integration in this country. Unfortunately, although Labour may believe that they are doing the right thing historically they have lacked competence in actually implementing things. They never take into account unintended consequences. So all in all another step down the road towards fascism.

As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions or something like that.

Sometimes the good intentions part I don't even believe. It seems to me that the privileged white people seeing themselves as the guardian Angels of Islam and are doing so in order to feel morally superior to those critical of religion. "Religion" itself brings too many positive connotations in this country! Atheism increasingly opposite.