Not so friendly pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Not so friendly pastor
I don't know if this has been posted or if anyone has seen this yet but this shows just how messed up a person can be because of religion. Jim Marjoram a gay christian from New Zealand, was emailing ministers in his area to promote his book he wrote about being a gay christian and got this response from a not so friendly pastor named Pastor Logan Robertson.

Source

Quote:We are not interested in your filthy lifestyle or book.
Romans 1 clearly says God has rejected homos and they are worthy of death. You can not be saved.

The bible says you are vile, strange (queer), reprobate, filth, sodomite, natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed…
I pray that you will commit suicide, you filthy child molesting fag.
Pastor Logan Robertson

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
10-12-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: Not so friendly pastor
Hahahaha, way to promote christianity!

Before, I wanted to laugh at christianity even when I believed, but didn't from fear of god... but now, I can finally do it all day long.
[+] 3 users Like Typho2k's post
10-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Wow...I know I shouldn't be surprised, but it is remarkable to me that people still think this way. It just doesn't make sense to me. Undecided

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
10-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Many Christians I know would look at that pastor and say "I question if he's even a Christian, because he's not loving." I've always thought that was a weird thing to say, because I thought people couldn't get saved by their works.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
10-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Obviously Satan healed him in a devious ploy to lead people to the wrong religion.

Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
10-12-2014, 07:07 AM
That's right you raging homophobe! Keep that Gatling gun of PR trained right on your foot, and don't you ever let up on that trigger! You sweet, ignorant fuktards...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Closeted homosexual Wrote:The bible says you are vile, strange (queer), reprobate, filth, sodomite, natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed…

Made to be taken? Wait, is this one of those "self-loathing" things? I hear that's way more common than the bigots like to admit... Angel
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Ugly, just ugly.

It's amazing how quickly hate and arrogance can make even a pastor forget the ten commandments.

"Child molesting"? Add uneducated and sheltered to the list too. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
10-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Bear with me here.

This is one of several current threads discussing priests or preachers saying such things and IMO I think these are the True Christians.

It can be argued that those pussy-footing Christians that tolerate homosexuality are not True Christians as they don't follow the scriptures.

I think that the True Scotsman argument is being corrupted and flipped-flopped in this instance and in those websites denouncing such statements and actions.

These people are the real-deal embodiment of what a True Christian is - homophobic, mysoginistic, cruel, exclusionary, egotistical and dare I say evil.

Next time you hear from a self proclaimed True Christian saying that these people are not TCs contradict them and remind them that they are only following the very teachings of their Holy Scriptures.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
10-12-2014, 10:37 AM
(10-12-2014 10:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bear with me here.

This is one of several current threads discussing priests or preachers saying such things and IMO I think these are the True Christians.

It can be argued that those pussy-footing Christians that tolerate homosexuality are not True Christians as they don't follow the scriptures.

I think that the True Scotsman argument is being corrupted and flipped-flopped in this instance and in those websites denouncing such statements and actions.

These people are the real-deal embodiment of what a True Christian is - homophobic, mysoginistic, cruel, exclusionary, egotistical and dare I say evil.

Next time you hear from a self proclaimed True Christian saying that these people are not TCs contradict them and remind them that they are only following the very teachings of their Holy Scriptures.

They should all be joining the Westboro Baptist Church - the true Christians.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post