Not so friendly pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: Not so friendly pastor
(10-12-2014 06:27 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't know if this has been posted or if anyone has seen this yet but this shows just how messed up a person can be because of religion. Jim Marjoram a gay christian from New Zealand, was emailing ministers in his area to promote his book he wrote about being a gay christian and got this response from a not so friendly pastor named Pastor Logan Robertson.

Source

Quote:We are not interested in your filthy lifestyle or book.
Romans 1 clearly says God has rejected homos and they are worthy of death. You can not be saved.

The bible says you are vile, strange (queer), reprobate, filth, sodomite, natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed…
I pray that you will commit suicide, you filthy child molesting fag.
Pastor Logan Robertson

What a sad person this "pastor" of his so called "loving" god is.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 11:58 PM
(10-12-2014 06:52 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  because I thought people couldn't get saved by their works.

I used to argue about the nature of salvation with a Born Again Christian friend of mine. As an atheist, I don't do good things because of the promise of a "higher reward". I do them because it makes the world, the one I live on, a better place for me and those around me. And it makes it better for those who will come after me. He would often chastise me and say "Unless you accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior, then none of that matters." So...from a philosophical perspective, which one do I choose ? Do I do a bunch of good stuff and go to hell because I don't believe. Or do I do whatever the hell I want and accept "Jesus as my personal lord and savior" ?

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
11-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Rent a large billboard across from his church. Post the letter there in large font.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
11-12-2014, 11:46 AM
(10-12-2014 06:27 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
Quote:We are not interested in your filthy lifestyle or book.
Romans 1 clearly says God has rejected homos and they are worthy of death. You can not be saved.

The bible says you are vile, strange (queer), reprobate, filth, sodomite, natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed…
I pray that you will commit suicide, you filthy child molesting fag.
Pastor Logan Robertson

Actually the Bible says almost nothing like any of that. He just made it up., as he's probably another gay homophobe himself. Maybe someday Lowlife Robertson will actually read his cult's holy book.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-12-2014, 11:53 AM
(10-12-2014 11:58 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 06:52 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  because I thought people couldn't get saved by their works.

I used to argue about the nature of salvation with a Born Again Christian friend of mine. As an atheist, I don't do good things because of the promise of a "higher reward". I do them because it makes the world, the one I live on, a better place for me and those around me. And it makes it better for those who will come after me. He would often chastise me and say "Unless you accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior, then none of that matters." So...from a philosophical perspective, which one do I choose ? Do I do a bunch of good stuff and go to hell because I don't believe. Or do I do whatever the hell I want and accept "Jesus as my personal lord and savior" ?

I’ve had that same conversation. I explained that it scared me that the only reason they behaved was because they were afraid to be punished in the “after-life” and for no other reason.

Oh, and by the way, go with c.

There’s alway an option c. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I just noticed, his last name is Robertson, wonder if he is related to Pat Robertson Laugh out load would explain a lot actually.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-12-2014, 06:25 PM
(11-12-2014 05:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I just noticed, his last name is Robertson, wonder if he is related to Pat Robertson Laugh out load would explain a lot actually.

Or the duck dynasty Robertsons. Smile

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
11-12-2014, 06:54 PM
(11-12-2014 06:25 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 05:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I just noticed, his last name is Robertson, wonder if he is related to Pat Robertson Laugh out load would explain a lot actually.

Or the duck dynasty Robertsons. Smile

Shocking Ohmy

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze