Not sure what I am, but HI! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Not sure what I am, but HI! :D
(08-03-2014 01:32 PM)Charis Wrote:  Ohhhh, that's a long-winded story, ijs.
It involves sexual/psychological abuse, rape, manipulation.... and the knowledge that my situation is a bad one, but the ones who did this to me are still being "blessed." I'm trying to keep this abbreviated. I might go into it more in-depth later on.
But is this the kind of thing God rewards??? Other Christians try to reassure me that "oh, he's not blessed trust me. Deep inside, he is truly suffering." BULL CRAP. They also say,"He'll get his, don't worry." While that might seem more reasonable, will this "getting his" come in the form of some generic illness that could happen to anyone? Will this "getting his" come AFTER DEATH after he's lived his life of smug victory?

Also, one of the listed abominations is hands that shed innocent blood. If this is so, think of all the innocent whose blood was shed in any number of plagues and God-ordered battles where innocents were specifically ordered to be killed.

Ok, I'm about to off on a tirade. I better just cool it.
Sadcryface Hug Hug Hug Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Thank you for the hugs. They're needed. Note: I added a few sentences into my last post as an edit.
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM
(08-03-2014 01:38 PM)Charis Wrote:  Thank you for the hugs. They're needed. Note: I added a few sentences into my last post as an edit.

Any time my dear Hug are you divorced now? I'm just hoping this man no longer has any power in your life.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
08-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Welcome. I am sorry to hear that you have, and still are, going through so much in the name of religion.

Hopefully we can offer a place where you can at least vent some frustration.

A suggestion may be to post in the Personal Issues and Support area since it's pretty jerk-free...a protected spot where the assholes among us are kept from adding insult to injury.

In the meantime:

[Image: bearhug2_zps41926f06.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-03-2014, 01:56 PM
No, I am not. I am halfway across the country from him, but legally the marriage is still there. Long story. He makes $120K a year... sends me $600/mo. I am autistic (writing is my primary form of communication) and live here with my mom while I'm trying to recover (diagnosed PTSD and such). He has bought a very good lawyer. I've been unable to fight due to a very nice clusterf*** of circumstances. There are 2 police reports against him and stuff. I'm slowly getting strong enough to fight again...
08-03-2014, 01:59 PM
(08-03-2014 01:56 PM)Charis Wrote:  No, I am not. I am halfway across the country from him, but legally the marriage is still there. Long story. He makes $120K a year... sends me $600/mo. I am autistic (writing is my primary form of communication) and live here with my mom while I'm trying to recover (diagnosed PTSD and such). He has bought a very good lawyer. I've been unable to fight due to a very nice clusterf*** of circumstances. There are 2 police reports against him and stuff. I'm slowly getting strong enough to fight again...

Well, I'm glad to hear there is some distance there anyway, and good for you for fighting back where you are able. Glad you've joined us!

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
08-03-2014, 02:18 PM
I am sorry that happened to you. I don't know what to say that will help you with that but hopefully others on here will chime in with some good advice.

As far as God is concerned I can give you some perspective on that.
There is no way that a loving God would allow someone to get raped. If he existed it would mean that he was standing there watching it happen and just being mysterious. That's bullshit. God does not exist therefore there is no divine intervention. This also means there is no God to get mad at. I used to get mad at god but when I came to my senses I realized that I was getting mad at a figment of my imagination. I then started focusing my anger where is really needed to go.

That's when things started getting better. I found out that two hands working on something gets more done than a thousand or a million hands clasped in prayer.

Look for strength from within yourself not from some imaginary god. The situation you are in will pass quicker if you find your inner strength. Instead of asking an imaginary god to do something for you just make it happen yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
08-03-2014, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 04:33 PM by Lion IRC.)
(08-03-2014 02:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  As far as God is concerned I can give you some perspective on that.
There is no way that a loving God would allow someone to get raped. If he existed it would mean that he was standing there watching it happen and just being mysterious. That's bullshit. God does not exist therefore there is no divine intervention.

Hi Charis,
I would like to give you some perspective on "that" as well.
I dont blame God. I blame the parents.
Why would parents who don't believe that God exists (God who punishes the wicked,) ...why would such parents bring children into a world where they know wickedness exists?
I hope your life trajectory continues to move away from the type of events you describe and moves towards greater happiness.
I find this forum has high levels of invective and antipathy, but welcome nonetheless.
Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post
09-03-2014, 02:07 AM
HI CHARIS! Enjoy your stay here.

Oh, also:

"Frequently encountered logic: Pie is yummy, therefore giraffe."

Ah, but you forgot that since glockenspiel, the correct conclusion is actually zebra Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
09-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Koala. I win. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post