Not the best morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Not the best morning
Early this morning I got a call from a good friend of ours. She was crying and asked if I was busy and could I come meet her at the animal hospital near her house. So, off I went. She has a number of dogs and she is part of the dog rescue that my wife and I work with. So, at any time, she can have a dozen dogs in her house. She crates them when she's not home and she takes them out of the crates in rotations so they all have time to exercise and play, but she limits the possibility of their being a situation she can't control. She generally doesn't leave them out. This morning was an exception. She has two pittie mixes. One is 12 and one is 4 or 5. And, they have always gotten along. She left the house for a while, and left those two uncrated. We will never know what triggered it, but they got into a fight and the younger dog killed the older one. She wasn't dead when my friend got to her, but she was bloody and dying. So, my friend needed help and I went to the hospital to be with her.

It was absolutely fucking awful. Poor thing never had a chance.

Anyway, my wife and I helped her bring the other dog in (who also took some bites) and get her to the vet. I then offered to go back with her to her place and help clean up. There was blood all over the floors the carpets and on the lower half of the walls. It was like a scene out of a midget slasher film. I got wall duty and she cleaned the couch. We both worked on the floors and carpet together.

Ugh. Just a bad morning. Poor girl was just crying and it was all we could do to comfort her. And, she's not sure to do with the surviving dog. The dog recently had surgery for something else and is on some meds that may have contributed to her attacking the older dog. There is no easy way to know. My mistake this morning was, when the vet told her they needed to do surgery on the living dog to deal with the punctures, I should have told her she should not spend the money and should put her down. There is some history there and, regardless if the medicine was a partial cause, the dog is still a problem. But, I didn't want to say it to her at the time. I really regret that in hindsight.

Man, it was not a good morning. It really was not. Made me happy to come home and hug my 2 dogs and play with our 3 foster puppies.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Not the best morning
Hug To you and your freind. Sadcryface
19-09-2015, 03:55 PM
I feel so awful for you and your friend. What a sad story, I am so sorry. Hug
19-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Awwww Sadcryface

That's just tragic. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Sad, indeed.
19-09-2015, 05:13 PM
That's awful. What a terrible situation for all involved.
19-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Very sorry to read this. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Yep, it was pretty fucked up. And, every bit as awful as I described. But, the "midget slasher film" line was pretty hilarious and I can't believe no one commented on it.

Tough room.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-09-2015, 07:25 PM
(19-09-2015 07:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  Yep, it was pretty fucked up. And, every bit as awful as I described. But, the "midget slasher film" line was pretty hilarious and I can't believe no one commented on it.

Tough room.

It is a good line...but...I was holding my breath figuring someone would freak out over the pit mixes.

Future daughter-in-law has a brindle female rescue that is sweet as she can be.

Sorry you had to deal with that. Pretty awful stuff.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-09-2015, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2015 08:18 PM by Smercury44.)
That is so sad. I'm so sorry! Is 12 really old for a dog? I'm just wondering if maybe it had a stroke or something. The younger dog could have seen it as sick, and tried to take it out. My parents had five cats. One day an older one had a stroke and the other four tried to kill her. It was pretty bad, but luckily my parents were there, and were able to help keep her safe. Those cats had never had any confrontation issues before that, they all got along really well.

Or who knows, maybe the younger one does just have issues. Like you said, you'll probably never know Sad

Again, very sorry. I can't even imagine No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta