Not the best morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: Not the best morning
This was no mercy kill. It was a fight and the younger dog won. She still needed medical attention, though.I was in the back of the car with her and she bled on me.

As for the age, tough to say. Mutts generally live longer than pure breads. Smaller dogs generally live longer than older dogs. Not always but generally. She was 55 lbs or so. Dog that killed her was within a few pounds of that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2015, 08:35 PM
(19-09-2015 08:18 PM)BnW Wrote:  This was no mercy kill. It was a fight and the younger dog won. She still needed medical attention, though.I was in the back of the car with her and she bled on me.

As for the age, tough to say. Mutts generally live longer than pure breads. Smaller dogs generally live longer than older dogs. Not always but generally. She was 55 lbs or so. Dog that killed her was within a few pounds of that.

They should put the younger dog down. It is dangerous. Out in the bush we'd just shoot it in the head.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-09-2015, 09:09 PM
I think she should be put down, too. It's not going to happen though. At least, not immediately. This is her 3rd fight. The 2nd one she was attacked and beaten up pretty bad, but it is still her 3rd fight. She's absolutely a risk.

The reasons are complicated, but it's not going to happen. At least not in the near term. That's why I said earlier I fucked up and didn't push for it to be done this morning.

Too late now, though. I hope I don't live to regret it.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
19-09-2015, 09:46 PM
It's not unusual for a younger dog to take on an older dog in a fight to determine a (new) Alpha Dog of the pack. It happens in many species. This went to an extreme I can't even imagine. I'm sorry for all involved. I worry that this young dog will not tolerate any perceived challenge from either other dogs or possibly humans in the future.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
19-09-2015, 09:54 PM
That is definitely a bad morning, but you are to be commended.

We should let that breed (pit bulls) die out. Just stop breeding them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2015, 07:50 AM
I disagree Chas.... Years back I had custody of one for a few years. The GM gypsy owners had to move again and couldn't keep her at their new place.

One of the smartest, well behaved, and amusing dogs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I was quite sad to have to let the dog go.

The dog is just a reflection of the owner.

ANY dog can be vicious.

A chihuahua can be vicious -- it's just that you mistake it for a mosquito....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-09-2015, 08:32 AM
(20-09-2015 07:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I disagree Chas.... Years back I had custody of one for a few years. The GM gypsy owners had to move again and couldn't keep her at their new place.

One of the smartest, well behaved, and amusing dogs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I was quite sad to have to let the dog go.

ANY dog can be vicious.

^ This ^

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-09-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm with Biker and jennybee.

Pitties are great dogs. They are sweat and fun. Yes, sometimes you get a dog that is wired wrong. It can happen with any dog. And, the dogs we are dealing with here are all rescues and who knows what happened to them in the past. Some are resilient and just bounce back from their various traumas. Some don't. And, of those who don't, some get very reserved and shy and fearful, and a few others, on rare occasions, become aggressive. Rescues, generally, try to weed out negative behaviors. They won't take dogs that are not adoptable or could be a threat. But, despite our best efforts, no one can predict the future and you never know when a dog will snap. It's rare, but it does happen. To all dogs of all breeds.

Sadly, with pitties, when they do get violent, their strong jaws make it far more likely there will be more damage. But, that in and of itself is not a reason to kill off the breed. They are just great dogs. Most are sweet. This was just a tragic incident involving one dog.

Finally, I appreciate the comment I should be commended, but I'm not sure for what. A friend needed my help, and I helped her. That's what friend's do.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
20-09-2015, 10:03 AM
(20-09-2015 07:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I disagree Chas.... Years back I had custody of one for a few years. The GM gypsy owners had to move again and couldn't keep her at their new place.

ANY dog can be vicious.

When Pit Bulls kill and maim, people say about pit bulls, "oh, it's a reflection of the owner". However, when a border collie starts herding sheep right out of the womb it's looked on as a positive and people say, oh it's in their breading and it's natural. When an Alaskan Malamute immediately takes to pulling sleds from puppyhood people say, oh they're bred to do this, it's natural. But somehow Pit Bulls get a pass on their negative breeding history of bear baiting and as fighting dogs and it's blamed on the owners. People are very selective about some things and Pit Bulls are one of them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-09-2015, 10:41 AM
(20-09-2015 10:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

ANY dog can be vicious.

When Pit Bulls kill and maim, people say about pit bulls, "oh, it's a reflection of the owner". However, when a border collie starts herding sheep right out of the womb it's looked on as a positive and people say, oh it's in their breading and it's natural. When an Alaskan Malamute immediately takes to pulling sleds from puppyhood people say, oh they're bred to do this, it's natural. But somehow Pit Bulls get a pass on their negative breeding history of bear baiting and as fighting dogs and it's blamed on the owners. People are very selective about some things and Pit Bulls are one of them.

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Pit bulls are also more likely to kill an adult than a child. In the 3-year period, pit bulls killed more adults (ages 21 and over), 54%, than they did children (ages 11 and younger), 46%. In the 21-54 age group, pit bulls were responsible for 82% (14) of the deaths. The data indicates that pit bulls do not only kill children and senior citizens; they kill men and women in their prime years as well.

The report also shows that of the six victim age groups documented, the 55 and older group suffered the most fatalities 26% (23), followed by the 2-4 age group 22% (19). Between the ages of 0-4, the study reveals that 14% (12) of the fatal attacks involved a "watcher," a person such as a grandparent or babysitter watching the child. Of these attacks, 75% (9) involved a grandparent type.

The founder of DogsBite.org, Colleen Lynn, adds, "The off-property statistical data about pit bulls shows just how dangerous they are." She noted that six senior citizens were killed under these circumstances: "Two were killed while standing in their own backyard," she said. "Four others were killed while taking a morning walk or getting the mail."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post