Not the best morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Not the best morning
Pits are genetically predisposed towards attacking dogs, no real debate there - most owners even recognize that fact. You have to work with them to make sure they're properly socialized and such. The OP's friend almost certainly didn't teach the dog to be aggressive and if she adopted/fostered it as an adult dog she should know its temperament and have never let it uncrated and unsupervised around other dogs. Pits are definitely involved in a disproportionate amount of attacks on humans and dogs. Some may be gentle, but even the gentle ones can be unpredictable and attack a dog they don't like for whatever reason, particularly when you're not observing them.

For that reason I'd never recommend one as a pet unless the owner is experienced and doesn't plan on having more than one dog or taking it to dog parks, boarding it, etc. I leave immediately if I see a pit at the dog park. Why? Not worth the odds and I've already had 3 poor experiences with them, one in which they killed a family pet that I grew up with (those pits involved were put down). 3 strikes, I just can't trust the breed or its apologists that try to use anecdotal evidence to counter data they don't like to admit to.

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 04:18 PM
(20-09-2015 10:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 10:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When Pit Bulls kill and maim, people say about pit bulls, "oh, it's a reflection of the owner". However, when a border collie starts herding sheep right out of the womb it's looked on as a positive and people say, oh it's in their breading and it's natural. When an Alaskan Malamute immediately takes to pulling sleds from puppyhood people say, oh they're bred to do this, it's natural. But somehow Pit Bulls get a pass on their negative breeding history of bear baiting and as fighting dogs and it's blamed on the owners. People are very selective about some things and Pit Bulls are one of them.

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Pit bulls are also more likely to kill an adult than a child. In the 3-year period, pit bulls killed more adults (ages 21 and over), 54%, than they did children (ages 11 and younger), 46%. In the 21-54 age group, pit bulls were responsible for 82% (14) of the deaths. The data indicates that pit bulls do not only kill children and senior citizens; they kill men and women in their prime years as well.

The report also shows that of the six victim age groups documented, the 55 and older group suffered the most fatalities 26% (23), followed by the 2-4 age group 22% (19). Between the ages of 0-4, the study reveals that 14% (12) of the fatal attacks involved a "watcher," a person such as a grandparent or babysitter watching the child. Of these attacks, 75% (9) involved a grandparent type.

The founder of DogsBite.org, Colleen Lynn, adds, "The off-property statistical data about pit bulls shows just how dangerous they are." She noted that six senior citizens were killed under these circumstances: "Two were killed while standing in their own backyard," she said. "Four others were killed while taking a morning walk or getting the mail."

Still following me around with your all powerful opinion, huh???

Guess what assshole?

I could give a fuck for less about your stupid ass opinions....

So be a good boy, toddle on, and zark the fuck off...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-09-2015, 04:19 PM
(21-09-2015 04:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 10:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Pit bulls are also more likely to kill an adult than a child. In the 3-year period, pit bulls killed more adults (ages 21 and over), 54%, than they did children (ages 11 and younger), 46%. In the 21-54 age group, pit bulls were responsible for 82% (14) of the deaths. The data indicates that pit bulls do not only kill children and senior citizens; they kill men and women in their prime years as well.

The report also shows that of the six victim age groups documented, the 55 and older group suffered the most fatalities 26% (23), followed by the 2-4 age group 22% (19). Between the ages of 0-4, the study reveals that 14% (12) of the fatal attacks involved a "watcher," a person such as a grandparent or babysitter watching the child. Of these attacks, 75% (9) involved a grandparent type.

The founder of DogsBite.org, Colleen Lynn, adds, "The off-property statistical data about pit bulls shows just how dangerous they are." She noted that six senior citizens were killed under these circumstances: "Two were killed while standing in their own backyard," she said. "Four others were killed while taking a morning walk or getting the mail."

Still following me around with your all powerful opinion, huh???

Guess what assshole?

The fact that he is against helmet laws becomes more ironic with every post.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-09-2015, 04:20 PM
(21-09-2015 04:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Still following me around with your all powerful opinion, huh???

Guess what assshole?

Salty... Might want to lay off the crank there Mr. Biker.

Better without God, and happier too.
21-09-2015, 04:26 PM
(21-09-2015 04:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 04:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Still following me around with your all powerful opinion, huh???

Guess what assshole?

The fact that he is against helmet laws becomes more ironic with every post.

ok... THERE WE GO......

There's the fucking nut of it....

You're still a vindictive cockbite who's pissed about the fact that I don't like your pronouncement that helmets make riding a motorcycle acceptable...

Guess what???

Riding a motorcycle is a dangerous activity. PERIOD.

Your pathetic belief that strapping a chuck of polystyrene to your head is going to make it all better is ludicrous.

If you DON'T believe that -- what you DO believe - is that YOU are fucking qualified to make decisions FOR ME what the fuck is "safe enough"...

Guess what fuckstick???

You're a mislead asshole that thinks his opinion carries the weight of the laws of the physical universe.... Wrong.... You've just got a fucking opinion. You're incapable of making my life "safe".

If I had a better way of saying "go fuck yourself --- you're not my mommy" -- I'd say it..... Unfortunately I'm less loquacious than that -- so I'll have to let it go at that........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-09-2015, 04:28 PM
(21-09-2015 04:20 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  

Guess what assshole?

Salty... Might want to lay off the crank there Mr. Biker.

Nawww.. I quit meth back in the early 80's..... (when it was still pharmaceutical - more'r less)...

My level of nastiness is au natural....

21-09-2015, 04:32 PM
(21-09-2015 04:26 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 04:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The fact that he is against helmet laws becomes more ironic with every post.

ok... THERE WE GO......

There's the fucking nut of it....

You're still a vindictive cockbite who's pissed about the fact that I don't like your pronouncement that helmets make riding a motorcycle acceptable...

Guess what???

Riding a motorcycle is a dangerous activity. PERIOD.

Your pathetic belief that strapping a chuck of polystyrene to your head is going to make it all better is ludicrous.

If you DON'T believe that -- what you DO believe - is that YOU are fucking qualified to make decisions FOR ME what the fuck is "safe enough"...

Guess what fuckstick???

You're a mislead asshole that thinks his opinion carries the weight of the laws of the physical universe.... Wrong.... You've just got a fucking opinion. You're incapable of making my life "safe".

If I had a better way of saying "go fuck yourself --- you're not my mommy" -- I'd say it..... Unfortunately I'm less loquacious than that -- so I'll have to let it go at that........

Oh I see you are under the mistaken impression I give a fuck about you or your opinions on anything. Let me disabuse you of this notion entirely. I find you mildly amusing to tweak from time to time, when your bigoted opinions are so divorced from reality that a simple fact check sends you into a mouth-foaming rage (as is demonstrated here) other than that I see you as just another thug that likes to stir up shit and start fights. You can't do it down at the local watering hole anymore so you come here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Haha, i remember this helmet argument from long ago. pretty funny that this is still on-going. Anyways, that is a terrible story BnW. Do you have any idea how long the two dogs knew each other?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
21-09-2015, 08:10 PM
The two dogs were together not quite a year. 10 or 11 months I'd say. And, without incident. The one was on some med which we think contributed to whatever happened. Or not. There is no way to know as the surviving dog ain't talking.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
21-09-2015, 08:24 PM
(21-09-2015 08:10 PM)BnW Wrote:  The two dogs were together not quite a year. 10 or 11 months I'd say. And, without incident. The one was on some med which we think contributed to whatever happened. Or not. There is no way to know as the surviving dog ain't talking.

That is one of the problems with the breed. They can seem "fine" for a long time then something sets them off. I had a pit growing up and that was a great dog never hurt anyone or anything, however the data on the breed just isn't good.