Not this shit again. The Raputer round 36

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Not this shit again. The Raputer round 36
This clam has happened so often in just the last 16 years I don't know why people still buy into this crap.

Y2K, the Mayan Apocalypse (1 & 2) , the Harold Campling predictions.

Let's take a short journey in the past failed rapture predictions.

156 AD - Montanist
Thought that Jesus was due to return in the life time of their prophet. After their prophet died so did the movement.

1590 AD - Martin Luther
The founder of the Lutheran Church, told his followers that the end times was upon them. Even after his death in 1546 they thought it to be true. around 1584 a large colume was written about how close it was.

"In 1590 the Gospel would be preached to all nations and a wonderful unity would be achieved. The last days would then be close at hand."

It wasn't until 1989 that their church attempted to retract that claim.

1844 - The Great Disappointment
William Miller Founder of the Millerites church, predicted that the second coming of Jesus Christ would happen on March 21, 1844. The day passed and he said it was pushed back to April 18, 1844, again didn't happen. After much refelction they said the date was really October 22, 1844. When that day past things we'll say things didn't go well.

1874 - 1975 Jehovah's Witnesses
The first President of the Watch Tower Society, Charles Taze Russell, calculated the second coming of christ would be in in the year 1874. The Saints would be resurrected in 1875, the Rapture in 1878, and the final day in 1914.

His Successor J.F. Rutherford predicted that the new Millennium would beging in 1925
With the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and David.. Who would rain over the lands as Princes. They were so assured this would accure that they built a house in Beth Sarim, California.

In 1966 in the community they had strong beliefs that Armageddon would happen in 1975. In 1974 Church member sold all their "worldly" belongings. So that they could dedicate themselves to full time preaching. When 1976 came around The Watchtower apologized for the mistake that they may have guessed "Based on wrong premises" But it didn't get the believers homes back.

1935- Assemblies of God
During World War I this Church said it was the sign of the end times. And the world would end in 1934 - 1935.

1981 - End Times

Chuck Smith founder of the Calvary Chapel, published a book called End Times in 1979.

As we look at the world scene today, it would appear that the coming of the Lord is very, very, close. Yet, we do not know when it will be. It could be that the Lord will wait for a time longer. If I understand Scripture correctly, Jesus taught us that the generation which sees the 'budding of the fig tree', the birth of the nation Israel, will be the generation that sees the Lord's return; I believe that the generation of 1948 is the last generation. Since a generation of judgment is forty years and the tribulation lasts seven years, I believe the Lord could come back for his church anytime before the tribulation starts, which would mean anytime before 1981. (1948 + 40 − 7 = 1981) However, it is possible that Jesus is dating the beginning of the generation from 1967, when Jerusalem was again under Israeli control for the first time since 587 BC. We don't know for sure which year actually marks the beginning of the last generation.
[9]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2016, 01:19 PM
(16-01-2016 04:41 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Reading threw my facebook and a couple of my Christian friends are talking about the rapture again.
Responce
All the signs are there. Praise Jesus.

#sigh
19-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Kind of partial to this Rapture myself Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-01-2016, 01:44 PM
(16-01-2016 04:41 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Reading threw my facebook and a couple of my Christian friends are talking about the rapture again.

Someone should make a sign to put on your front door that say's "If the rapture has happened and i'm not here anymore please take care of my animals inside for me" I would buy that...I can't help but worry me and my husband get to go to heaven and my poor babies starve to death.Sadcryface2

Responce
I'm sure god will find a way to provide for them when he call us home

Responce
They'll go with you. ANy animal that we've loved goes to heaven. God gave me dreams about it and i've also read books about it.

Responce
I'm not 100% sure about the rapture part as I haven't had a dream or god tell me a specific answer about it but it would make sense that they would go too. I do know that when they die they're in heaven. Just like our deceased christian famliy member in heaven waiting for us, animals are no diffrent.

It's almost time Heaven will be welcoming all those that follow Jesus into Gods loving arms.

Responce
Amen.

Responce
All the signs are there. Praise Jesus.

Who's been spreading this shit around this time? We've already gone threw two in the past decade.

You can edit any thread title you start.

I have a Pinterest card on my desk at work to ward off Fundies.
It says "Is it just me, or is the apocalypse happening more often these days ?" Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-01-2016, 02:12 PM
(16-01-2016 04:53 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  She's a wife of a pastor. An old coworker. I'm tempted to post a response as we don't really talk anymore.

Tell her as a pastor's wife, she really needs to stop being a scandal of ignorance about what the Lord told her, and really should include Bible readings in her daily activities. Laughat

Acts 1:7
He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.