Not wanting kids.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Not wanting kids.
I've never had that overwhelming want for kids like everyone around me. I know most don't want them or even think about it before 25 but people generally know eventually they want kids. I look at it this way..with so many orphans out there and our world population due to be past the threshold in the next 25 to 50 years why not adopt if you really want kids that bad? I dunno just my personal opinion that having kids is not a priority and people mostly do it because...that's what your parents did(sound familiar) The social norm is really the driving force behind this--think about it we are told from birth we are to go to school, get a job, get married, have kids, raise them, get old and die, then go to heaven happy life yay! and if we deter we aren't normal?? Anyway just a little venting what do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
12-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Not wanting kids.
I don't want kids either! Little snots. But I agree with you, if there ever came a time where I decided I wanted to raise a child, I would adopt. There are enough mouths to feed on this earth and a lot of them already go hungry.

But my mom wanted to be a mom as soon as she should think. And my best friend in high school was the same way.

Some people reeeeeally want to have babies. It's bizarre to me, but whatever. It's their choice to ruin their life. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
I totally get your opinion and you're probably right. I actually love being a mom though. I love looking at my kids and remembering how I first started getting to know them as they were wriggling around inside me. Idk. I wouldn't take it back if I could. But if I could afford more kids I would totally love to adopt some.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
12-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm totally in the same boat. I'm 25 and since I was little I was saying that I didn't want to have kids. Now that I'm at an age where a lot of my peers are having babies, I've actually encountered a lot of disdain and incredulity when I respectfully express my lack of a desire to have children--something I find very interesting and extremely telling and reflective of the person who is so horrified by my decision.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like QueenTit's post
12-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Never had a desire to have kids. It's not that I don't enjoy spending a few hours with them here and there. But I don't think it is a good thing anymore given the many abandoned and abused kids out there, plus the exploding population issue.

I am well past the age of having them now, and I don't regret not having had any. Watching all my friends complain about their kids having moved to Timbaktu and never calling etc. - one more thing I don't have to worry about.

Plus, raising a kid through college - the cost is prohibitive.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
(12-12-2013 10:01 AM)QueenTit Wrote:  I'm totally in the same boat. I'm 25 and since I was little I was saying that I didn't want to have kids. Now that I'm at an age where a lot of my peers are having babies, I've actually encountered a lot of disdain and incredulity when I respectfully express my lack of a desire to have children--something I find very interesting and extremely telling and reflective of the person who is so horrified by my decision.

Me too! My boyfriend and I have been together for three years now and it's like the only concern anybody has for us is when we're gonna get married and pop out some babies. Neither of which I have any desire to do.
But yeah. Incredulity. Definitely the right word there. Or flabbergasted.

"What?! You're a woman and you don't want babies?!"

"I am not a walking uterus!!" Hobo
[+] 5 users Like Colourcraze's post
12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Those of us who had more than 2 kids have got you covered. Worry not. If you don't want kiddos - don't have em?

no problemThumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Hah, interesting topic!

My take, I was a kid who always dreamed of having kids, and a happy family. Part of this likely had to do with my unhappy home life, and my desire to actually have a loving home. But regardless, growing up it was a huge huge goal and desire of mine. I figured I would probably have kids by the time that I was 23 or so (When I was a teenager). But as I grew up and learned that kids actually cost money, my opinions changed. Now I still want kids personally, but my timeline has greatly shifted. My timeline is something like...stable career....get married...buy a house...have 2 kids (I'm pretty set on this number). Right now I'm at the stable career step.

In the past 3 or 4 years my views have changed however about how "normal" it is to have children. I applaud people who choose not to have children. Eff, if they think they will be happy without children, then go for it. There is enough over-population in the world that people who do not truly want children should not be socially pressured to have them. I'm also pro-abortion (not just pro-choice). I think abortions are wonderful for people who are not ready to be parents yet. Again, with all the orphans, un-adopted children, and just general overpopulation, I see NO reason to pop out any more children than you are willing to raise personally, voluntarily, and correctly. Not to mention life is too short to have a kid if it isn't what you want.

Just my two cents Smile

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 10:23 AM by Dom.)
(12-12-2013 10:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Those of us who had more than 2 kids have got you covered. Worry not. If you don't want kiddos - don't have em?

no problemThumbsup

Yeah, but that's not the general attitude. In my generation it was unthinkable - it could not have been choice! Something had to have been wrong with poor me. Poor woman can't have kids. I still gather pity from new people I meet.

"Oh no, you never had children! I am so sorry!"

Pfffftt!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
12-12-2013, 10:23 AM
I totally agree that we should have more adoption of kids. It's a very expensive process and very racist process as far as i've heard.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor