Not wanting kids.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Not wanting kids.
(12-12-2013 04:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  LOL. I just found this article entitled "Are you Ready to Have Babies? Take The Test".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colin-falc...77307.html

If you haven't had children or are thinking about it read the above article. For those of you who already have children, be patient. You will also benefit from the article.

NAILED IT! Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm afraid to have children. They might turn out like my siblings. (If they turn out like me though that'd be okay, I was angelic)
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
12-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Highly recommend those women in this post who are choosing not to have kids read this book: http://www.amazon.ca/Beyond-Motherhood-C...0671793446 (if you're into reading, that is). Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Pet peeve moment!

Forward: my husband and I tried for many years to have children. Over the course of 7 years we were pregnant 3 times. All ending on miscarriage. These pregnancies were quite far a part. We do know how hard parenting is as we have had one foster care placement.

I am all for people choosing not to procreate. Recently I've found myself sticking up for those choosing to be childfree. Many times they are asked if/when they re going to have children. They respond, "I don't want kids". The questioner sometimes replies "oh you'll change your mind."

Oh, boy do I jump in. "You don't know that!"

For very personal reasons, it's none of anyone's damned business about a persons choice to have kids or not. You also don't know their journey - maybe they aren't procreating due to shitty built in equipment or any number of very valid/personal reasons.

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
[+] 4 users Like aquaquilter's post
13-12-2013, 12:30 AM
I strongly believe that many people who have children should never be parents. The people who don't want to have kids in the first place definitely don't need to be parents, for obvious reasons. I live in the south, and people think it's strange that I'm not a mom yet.....even though I'm still in my 20s and a college student. Tongue I'm pretty sure I want to be pregnant or adopt before I hit 40, but people shouldn't be trying to force me to make a decision that huge before I'm ready.

I think the best parents are people who wait until they are financially and mentally stable enough to undertake the responsibility. Friends and family should back off on things like that.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 3 users Like Cephalotus's post
13-12-2013, 12:39 AM
I think not having kids is about the most responsible and personal decision a person can make. It just makes so much sense.
I never wanted kids. I had one anyways and I love her to death but I don't feel like my life would have been horrible if I hadn't had her. Sure, there's a lot of things you'll never experience without becoming a parent, but think of all the things the childless people can do that the rest of us can't. Travel during the week. Eat at nice restaurants. Sleep. Travel across country with only a tent. Man. I can't wait til she goes to college. Tongue

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 4 users Like Ohio Sky's post
13-12-2013, 01:28 AM
(12-12-2013 09:27 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I've never had that overwhelming want for kids like everyone around me. I know most don't want them or even think about it before 25 but people generally know eventually they want kids. I look at it this way..with so many orphans out there and our world population due to be past the threshold in the next 25 to 50 years why not adopt if you really want kids that bad? I dunno just my personal opinion that having kids is not a priority and people mostly do it because...that's what your parents did(sound familiar) The social norm is really the driving force behind this--think about it we are told from birth we are to go to school, get a job, get married, have kids, raise them, get old and die, then go to heaven happy life yay! and if we deter we aren't normal?? Anyway just a little venting what do you guys think?

I think many people want to have kids because of the urge to reproduce - not because of social pressure. But it's fine to not want to have them.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
13-12-2013, 01:30 AM
(13-12-2013 12:30 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I think the best parents are people who wait until they are financially and mentally stable enough to undertake the responsibility.
I used to feel that way, but now I'm not so sure.Consider
13-12-2013, 04:26 AM
(12-12-2013 04:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  LOL. I just found this article entitled "Are you Ready to Have Babies? Take The Test".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colin-falc...77307.html

If you haven't had children or are thinking about it read the above article. For those of you who already have children, be patient. You will also benefit from the article.

Too funny!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-12-2013, 04:59 AM
(13-12-2013 01:30 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 12:30 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I think the best parents are people who wait until they are financially and mentally stable enough to undertake the responsibility.
I used to feel that way, but now I'm not so sure.Consider

Please, elaborate. Drinking Beverage

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days