Note to Self

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Note to Self
If you could send a message through time to your younger self, what would it be?

I realize that many of you are so young that any number i put on this would be meaningless, so fill that in, too.

I'd send back to age 20:
"Don't sweat it. Hardly anything changes.
PS Take better care of our teeth."

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2011, 02:33 PM
RE: Note to Self
All the way back to my early teens:

"Sometimes what you don't do is as importants as what you do. Next time you consider not doing something, consider the consequences inaction can have."

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
16-09-2011, 02:42 PM

I would tell my 20-year old self: "ignore everything beyond science -- you will be a lot happier not knowing -- once you stop being ignorant, you can't undo the damage and, to add insult to injury: you will be proud of yourself for the knowledge that makes you unhappy!"

Sad
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I would tell myself "Don't cut the red wire". I'll know what it means Tongue
16-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Ooo, fun game!

I'd go to my early 20's and say: stick up for your beliefs more often and don't second guess yourself. Be careful who you trust.

Also, on December 14, 2009 be careful closing that garage door- mind your fingers! Lol.
16-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Id go back to when I was 14 and say "The world will allways grind on regardless........the only true thing we can control is ourselves.......and that we dont need to look anywhere else other than within for the answers, no matter the situation"

Then id give myself the numbers to all the highest lottery wins Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Back to grade four. Don't punch daniel in the face he doesn't deserve it. Work out more and spend more time on school work less time on doing drugs and humping, it will pay off later. Also make sure to beat up that other kid with your name BEFORE he becomes more popular than you this time around. Save you some recovery. Don't date Marla she's a slut. Don't drive your car down the race road with a car load of drunks and swerve around even though the road is barren and you are sober, because you will lose your licence. Become ant religious earlier in life.

Oh and it won't be worth your time to try the pants down around your ankles thing in grade six... you won't like it. Vanilla Ice will only be cool for as long as ninja turtles 2 is cool. Forever.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2011, 10:33 PM
To the 20-year old brazen enough to call himself me: "Dude, I think you might be a tad predisposed to inebriation and intoxication. You like it a bit too much. If you're not careful, you risk losing yourself at some later date. .... Nah, I'm just fucking with you. Go ahead and have a good time! Suck every moment dry."

Breathing - it's more art than science.
16-09-2011, 11:02 PM
I'd go back to the 15 year old me and tell myself to think for myself and that there was nothing wrong with my doubts. Always seek the truth no matter what path it leads you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Hmm... To my 13 year old self Sad

Sometime in August, you will see a group of people playing a LAN game. Do not, under any circumstances get said game, ever. You always wanted to be a scientist right? Well, that game will shatter your grades, throwing you into a downhill slope of depression and failure.

If this message arrives too late, and you are playing said game, every day. Wake up, you still have time, before it's too late.

Don't let fear overrun you, for fear will lead to your downfall.

Oh by the way don't procrastinate, and aim to be the top, or you will die, figuratively and literally. Trust your future.

NOW GO BACK AND FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK BOI. Angry

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ