"Nothing But a Flicker"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 06:52 PM by Luminon.)
RE: "Nothing But a Flicker"
(10-02-2013 05:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I think she hated the way I presented my case, it was kind of belittling Christianity.
Which was probably your intention, if not this time, then before and after Wink Anyway, you have the right to know what the teacher's criteria were. If you meet her alone and ask her about it, she might give a reply - provided that you do not show disagreement with the grade. She probably can't handle disagreement. But try to express a genuine interest on how one is supposed to write an essay in this class to get an A and if it has anything to do with choosing a topic.
Then post her response here!

Anyway, I don't like such essays. It's well-written, but so predictable, as I see it. Think nothing of it, I learn about atheism for years, for Christians such words must be fresh and disconcerting. I only say just because people are afraid of death and grasping at straws, that's not the only reason to consider afterlife. I've been tripping on blissful mystical experiences for the whole week and I don't feel like a flicker of life, I feel like an incandescent filament inside a cosmic lightbulb. The years of meditation are starting to pay off, if a single meditation on Tuesday can get me tripping almost all the way to the next Tuesday, that's quite a way to live Drooling I think if more people in the Occident habitually meditated, the approach to life and death would be much different.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post