Nothing but awesome classic cars!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 06:55 AM
Nothing but awesome classic cars!
Just came back home from a monthly, informal meeting of classic cars nearby. Only 20mins with the car. Perfect weather too. So here are the results (ca. 150 pics)
Classic cars at Gernsheim

And here is a teaser for our american friends Big Grin

[Image: DSCN2514.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2515.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2485.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2469.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2484.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2353.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2383.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
09-04-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Nothing but awesome classic cars!
Being in Michigan, you see all of the above daily.....

About 4 months out of the year anyway....

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-04-2017, 07:37 AM
(09-04-2017 06:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Just came back home from a monthly, informal meeting of classic cars nearby. Only 20mins with the car. Perfect weather too. So here are the results (ca. 150 pics)

I'm more into what you drive than the muscle, apart from the T, displayed here. What ordinary people drove. Such as my fathers cars when I was a small kid.

[Image: Vauxhall%20Cresta%20PA%20(1).jpg]

Or one that I had in the mid 80ies, already knowing that it would become a classic but unable to keep it in shape.

[Image: 8b5b40e622e937a54b39c3f5b7ec568c.jpg]

Still one of my fondest driving memories. And when I bought it, you could still get them for less than 700.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
09-04-2017, 08:15 AM
They had several Mantas there, all in very good condition. One had a modern 16V engine (the white one with red racing stripes).

09-04-2017, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 09:24 AM by abaris.)
(09-04-2017 08:15 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  One had a modern 16V engine (the white one with red racing stripes).

And here's the problem. They already raped that car. The 90 HP engine with register carburetor was more than sufficient - and original. Can't count the times I took that carburetor apart to reassemble it again because it just didn't kick in at the right moment to get that extra boost. Back when they didn't take your license when speeding.

Even back then I went to great pains to keep it original. I went to scrapyards and found me original seats with headrests, found a radio/casette player from 1970 at my fathers shop and got an original rev counter for my 21st birthday from my father. Sadly I didn't have the funds to fight the rust. Otherwise I would still drive that car. If I had the funds, that would be the first port of call to spend it. But now we're talking about 20.000 rather than 700.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
09-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Beautiful cars, all of 'em.

I owned one of these Aussie "classic" cars (not this one) for a decade...

[Image: leyland-p76.jpg]

A coupé version was planned to be built in 1973 here in Australia, in order to challenge the Mustang, but only 10 were produced in all...

[Image: Force_7_Large.jpg]

Sadly, it never got off the ground due to the 70s oil shortage plus a lack of financing.

Sad

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-04-2017, 10:16 AM
That orange one looks neat! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
09-04-2017, 10:35 AM
(09-04-2017 09:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Beautiful cars, all of 'em.

I owned one of these Aussie "classic" cars (not this one) for a decade...

[Image: leyland-p76.jpg]

A coupé version was planned to be built in 1973 here in Australia, in order to challenge the Mustang, but only 10 were produced in all...

[Image: Force_7_Large.jpg]

Sadly, it never got off the ground due to the 70s oil shortage plus a lack of financing.

Sad

That looks a lot like something that AMC made.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post