Nothing good will come of this. Mach my words, fingers will be blown off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Nothing good will come of this. Mach my words, fingers will be blown off.
Muffs, try here: Where the serious rocketeers go. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-12-2016, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 11:24 PM by Fireball.)
Here's a pic taken during early ascent of my 1/4 scale model of an AMRAAM AIM-120D "Slammer" on its maiden flight. This was my Level 1 High Power Rocketry Certification flight. I was working at Cape Canaveral at the time, in '05, and launched with the Space Rocketry Association folks. It can reach an altitude of 11k feet above ground level using an "O" motor.

[Image: xkzm79U.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like Fireball's post
31-12-2016, 11:20 PM
If you go through with this, strap on a camera that isn't a GoPro or at least doesn't have a fish-eye lense, just so we can laugh at flat-earthers (harder if the entire image is rounded cuz they'll refuse to let that go even if you explain how it works).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
01-01-2017, 04:09 AM
All you need to do is keep increasing the size and then launch a big enough rocket to set off Russian early warning systems then sit back and watch the world burn Evil_monster Mwhaa ha ha Hobo
I had some limited success with sodium chlorate weedkiller rockets but its so hygroscopic ignition was a problem till I converted the sodium chlorate to potassium chlorate, sadly its banned in the UK now much like everything else sadly. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-01-2017, 06:29 AM
(31-12-2016 11:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Here's a pic taken during early ascent of my 1/4 scale model of an AMRAAM AIM-120D "Slammer" on its maiden flight. This was my Level 1 High Power Rocketry Certification flight. I was working at Cape Canaveral at the time, in '05, and launched with the Space Rocketry Association folks. It can reach an altitude of 11k feet above ground level using an "O" motor.

Great, way to make me feel insecure about the size of my rocket. Tongue
That's pretty fucking awesome, though, I'd love to launch something like that.

My sort of 'dream' rocket to launch though is a design I've seen. It's a two stage rocket where the second stage is much smaller than the main body, needle-like in comparison. I believe that design got very high, I reckon that'd be the easiest way to achieve 40K feet.

Quote:If you go through with this, strap on a camera that isn't a GoPro or at least doesn't have a fish-eye lense, just so we can laugh at flat-earthers (harder if the entire image is rounded cuz they'll refuse to let that go even if you explain how it works).

Son, if I owned a GoPro there's no way in hell I'd strap it to anything I built. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-01-2017, 07:28 AM
(01-01-2017 06:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 11:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Here's a pic taken during early ascent of my 1/4 scale model of an AMRAAM AIM-120D "Slammer" on its maiden flight. This was my Level 1 High Power Rocketry Certification flight. I was working at Cape Canaveral at the time, in '05, and launched with the Space Rocketry Association folks. It can reach an altitude of 11k feet above ground level using an "O" motor.

Great, way to make me feel insecure about the size of my rocket. Tongue
That's pretty fucking awesome, though, I'd love to launch something like that.

My sort of 'dream' rocket to launch though is a design I've seen. It's a two stage rocket where the second stage is much smaller than the main body, needle-like in comparison. I believe that design got very high, I reckon that'd be the easiest way to achieve 40K feet.

Quote:If you go through with this, strap on a camera that isn't a GoPro or at least doesn't have a fish-eye lense, just so we can laugh at flat-earthers (harder if the entire image is rounded cuz they'll refuse to let that go even if you explain how it works).

Son, if I owned a GoPro there's no way in hell I'd strap it to anything I built. Tongue

I've launched 2 and even 3 stage....

The way it works - when the first stage rocket motor burns the last of it's fuel - some of the ejecta comes out the "top" of the motor, and is directed into the motor nozzle of the next stage, igniting it. The combination of the first stage blowout and second stage ignition causes the two sections to disengage. The lifter is generally built with the center of gravity set far behind the potential lifting surface of the guidance fins, causing the lifting stage to tumble, all the way to the ground --- keeping it slow enough to cause little or no damage....

Or, parachutes or streamers can be used....

It's all about how much work you want to put into it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-01-2017, 07:41 AM
(01-01-2017 06:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, if I owned a GoPro there's no way in hell I'd strap it to anything. Tongue

Do tell. Ohmy

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
01-01-2017, 08:37 AM
(01-01-2017 06:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, if I owned a GoPro there's no way in hell I'd strap it to anything. Tongue

But isn't that exactly what they are made for? Consider
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-01-2017, 08:39 AM
(01-01-2017 08:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  But isn't that exactly what they are made for? Consider

PABLO!

What happens in the home stays in the home.

Sheesh! Gasp

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
01-01-2017, 09:14 AM
We generally mock your words.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.