Nothing good will come of this. Mach my words, fingers will be blown off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Nothing good will come of this. Mach my words, fingers will be blown off.
(06-01-2017 05:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 06:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Did you use "mach" in the title of this rocket thread on purpose or was that a happy accident, much like when you eventually blow off a few fingers?

Purpose. And I'm not gonna blow my fingers off (or my dick, Girly, though if I do I'll request my forum name be changed to GirlyMuffs) because I'm not a fucking idiot who will completely neglect safety.

Quote:The picture I posted of the rocket I built is an example of what can be done with about $500 and a little time, and done safely. It is high power, but still a model. It doesn't contain a guidance system beyond the fins, nor does it have ordnance in it (except for the ejection charge for the parachute, which is about a teaspoon of black powder).

Oh, much cheaper than I expected. Though I still don't have $500 nor the tools/machines required to make such a rocket. At least not yet.

So I have a bit of an issue. I live in the middle of a city and only have a bicycle.
I mean I live next to a lake but I wanna ideally retrieve it afterwards and ideally not need diving equipment to do so.
I suspect you need a lot of space to launch something like this. Maybe something a little bigger than a local park?

It depends greatly on two things.

How high you expect your rocket to go and wind conditions.

Less wind = less area needed.

higher altitudes = more area needed.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 02:52 AM
RE: Nothing good will come of this. Mach my words, fingers will be blown off.
There are a jillion how to videos on You tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v_utrMar9Y

For example.

And if you are really ambitious and have money to waste....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IEbVe3YV0w

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply