Nothing major but beginning to freak out a little!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Nothing major but beginning to freak out a little!!!
Why? I have my driving test tomorrow morning!

The problem is, I'm worried about the prospect of failing, and the prospect of passing. If I fail I have to stump up more money for lessons and another test and I really wanna have a drivers licence. If I pass I'll be free to drive, any time, any place, and that scares the hell outta me! I haven't had a single lesson where my instructor hasn't used the duel controls. That means I haven't been able to go an hour yet without doing something potentially dangerous, and I could be about to lose my safety net. I'm a good driver most of the time but I have a tendency to switch off from time to time and this is what concerns me. The next time I switch off could mean that, instead of my instructor having to hit the break, a child has to grow up without a parent, or not grow up at all. That terrifies me!

Was anyone else thinking like this before their test or is it just me?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: Nothing major but beginning to freak out a little!!!
Dude, you're scaring ME... With that level of confidence, I'm not sure I'd want to be driving/walking/biking near you.

I had minimal anxiety before my first driving test. It was very quick and easy. By the time I took the test for my full license, I wasn't worried at all.

Its all about being comfortable and calm. You're going to be making a shit ton of little corrections and being a general spaz if you don't get some confidence and chill out first. Just keep your eyes well ahead, not too close to the front of the car, and make sure you check mirrors.
30-04-2013, 06:20 PM
You're too anxious. Plus, I don't know many perfect drivers. How major/minor are your mishaps? Does your instructor hit the break because you didn't count to 5 at a stop sign, or does the instructor hit the breaks because you almost ran an old lady over? Maybe the instructor is picky to make you better and better.

The minute you get your licence doesn't mean you have to get a career driving. Small steps. Your neighbourhood first (where you know the traffic), with trips to the store.
30-04-2013, 06:24 PM
(30-04-2013 06:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  You're too anxious. Plus, I don't know many perfect drivers. How major/minor are your mishaps? Does your instructor hit the break because you didn't count to 5 at a stop sign, or does the instructor hit the breaks because you almost ran an old lady over? Maybe the instructor is picky to make you better and better.

The minute you get your licence doesn't mean you have to get a career driving. Small steps. Your neighbourhood first (where you know the traffic), with trips to the store.

Usually minor stuff (such as approaching lights too fast) but the odd major thing (like not noticing there were any lights).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
30-04-2013, 06:26 PM
(30-04-2013 06:24 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 06:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  You're too anxious. Plus, I don't know many perfect drivers. How major/minor are your mishaps? Does your instructor hit the break because you didn't count to 5 at a stop sign, or does the instructor hit the breaks because you almost ran an old lady over? Maybe the instructor is picky to make you better and better.

Usually minor stuff (such as approaching lights too fast) but the odd major thing (like not noticing there were any lights).

Meh, nothing to worry about friend. Just notice the lights now. I'm pretty sure that's happened to everyone, well me at least. Big Grin

Deep breaths!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-04-2013, 06:28 PM
(30-04-2013 06:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I haven't had a single lesson where my instructor hasn't used the duel controls.

This I wanna see. [Image: kill-sword-dueling.gif]

Seriously now - Hughsie, it sounds like you need more practice. If not because you do not have the skills, then because you lack the confidence. Either way, my personal advice if you pass ('cause if you don't, you'll need more lessons anyway), is to practice someplace safe with someone you trust. This way you won't have the safety of an instructor who has control over the car, but you'll still have someone to help you get more comfortable in the car.

Good luck and don't forget to breathe Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
30-04-2013, 06:36 PM
(30-04-2013 06:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Why? I have my driving test tomorrow morning!

The problem is, I'm worried about the prospect of failing, and the prospect of passing. If I fail I have to stump up more money for lessons and another test and I really wanna have a drivers licence. If I pass I'll be free to drive, any time, any place, and that scares the hell outta me! I haven't had a single lesson where my instructor hasn't used the duel controls. That means I haven't been able to go an hour yet without doing something potentially dangerous, and I could be about to lose my safety net. I'm a good driver most of the time but I have a tendency to switch off from time to time and this is what concerns me. The next time I switch off could mean that, instead of my instructor having to hit the break, a child has to grow up without a parent, or not grow up at all. That terrifies me!

Was anyone else thinking like this before their test or is it just me?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine with your test and be a fine driver.

Then you can proceed to drive around that tiny island you call a homeland, which you could probably walk through (at least width wise).

If you spend your life waiting until you feel you are ready, you'll probably spend your entire life waiting.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-04-2013, 06:36 PM
No. All I was thinking about was getting my liscence so I could GO GO GO! Which is, essentialliy, thinking ME ME ME. The fact that you're thinking of the safety of other people allready on the road? Puts you up there with the best starting off Wink Just pay attention, and I'll bet you'll be driving like a pro, no time Thumbsup

30-04-2013, 06:48 PM
(30-04-2013 06:28 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 06:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I haven't had a single lesson where my instructor hasn't used the duel controls.

This I wanna see. [Image: kill-sword-dueling.gif]

Seriously now - Hughsie, it sounds like you need more practice. If not because you do not have the skills, then because you lack the confidence. Either way, my personal advice if you pass ('cause if you don't, you'll need more lessons anyway), is to practice someplace safe with someone you trust. This way you won't have the safety of an instructor who has control over the car, but you'll still have someone to help you get more comfortable in the car.

Good luck and don't forget to breathe Tongue
I'm with Vera on this one.

Is there any chance you can postpone for a later date?

Dodgy It's fucking almost two in the morning for you. Scratch that.

But I'm still with Vera! Woo-sah and good luck! Thumbsup Hug

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-04-2013, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 06:53 PM by KeenIdiot.)
No worries man. They let me drive, I'm sure you'll do fine.
[Image: h58BEF2CE]

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post