Nothing major but beginning to freak out a little!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Nothing major but beginning to freak out a little!!!
(30-04-2013 06:50 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  No worries man. They let me drive, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Yabut... it's all backwards over there in the UK! Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 06:57 PM
(30-04-2013 06:52 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 06:50 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  No worries man. They let me drive, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Yabut... it's all backwards over there in the UK! Tongue
It is?

Well no matter, I just make sure to have a cow catcher up front for just such an occasion.
[Image: hyundai-and-the-walking-dead-show-zombie...-comic-con]

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
30-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I'd be stressed too if I had been taught to drive on the wrong side of the road like you were.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Just FOCUS, Tim, FOCUS!
You'll be fine Hug

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-04-2013, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 08:22 PM by Peanut.)
When I saw this thread, I had no idea what it would be about. When I saw that you were talking about not having your license and your anxiety about it, it made me feel better! That means, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, BUDDY Thumbsup Allow ME to make YOU feel a little better.

Okay. I saw someone post that you are concerned about others. That is a good thing. It shows that you are considerate. It also shows that you are cautious. It's a good thing up to a point, though. One can't let their anxiety cause them to over-analyze every time they are on the road.

I'm going to be 24 years old very soon... I have had three permits and I FINALLY took my road test on the third one, on the very last day before my permit would expire. I procrastinate in UNBELIEVABLE proportions! When an acquaintance asks if I want to go out, I have to sheepishly say, "I'll have to see if I can find a ride." (I HATE asking others to drive me somewhere.) Anyway, my point is, I let my nerves get the best of me each time. I waited and waited until the permits expired; I didn't feel "ready."

But the fact is, I'm an amazing driver. I waited until I was 18, too, so I never had driver's training. In Michigan, when one gets their permit, they have to drive for thirty days with a licensed adult. If nobody had time to drive with me, I was sitting at home, freaking the hell out! THAT is why I was so nervous. It's perfectly normal for you to feel how you are, you just can't let it control you or make you feel you aren't capable of driving on your own.

I'm going to stop here, because all I had to contribute was that I procrastinate and I let my nerves get the best of me... I still don't have my license. I got so nervous during the "technical skills" test, that I missed it by one point. (Parallel parking.) He wouldn't let me go on the road and show how amazing I really am at driving.

DON'T LET YOUR NERVES GET THE BETTER OF YOU! You can do this, man! Deep breaths... Don't be like Peanut Drinking Beverage When you get nervous, think of how much I have prolonged the driver's license thing; I think it should make you say, "Fuck that! I'm not waiting six years! I got this shit."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
30-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Relax brother, you'll do fine.

Just remember... it's brakes, not breaks and it's dual, not duel. Thumbsup

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2013, 09:20 PM
When you're waiting in the car for the examiner, take a moment to chill. Do some relaxation techniques and check out the trees, or listen to the birds or something. Then the examiner will show up, and walk around the vehicle, checking the signal lights and brake lights. They will get in, do the introduction bit, and say "When you're ready..." *blah blah blah* So if you're nervous, take a moment, and move on your own schedule.

And stop worrying, the worst thing that could happen is causing a large number of deaths, and surviving with paralysis.
30-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Just get a driver. Problem solved. Name him Jeeves or Smithers, Meadows, or Flinders.

Actually some day, humans will look back on these days where 30,000+ Americans are killed on the road every year, for no good reason, as the "cost of doing businesss as we know it", as the crazy days, and say "WTF were they thinking" driving around self-propelled little death machines, talking on the phone, texting, and who knows what. Not sure if England is as unsafe as the US. On that reassuring thought, hope you pass. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Thanks for all the support people. I'll be off in the next half hour or so, will post how it goes either way.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Excellent, do lets us know how it goes.

Just remember the most vital part of driving:

Old people are worth 10 points, Middle aged are 20, Youths 30, Children are worth 40 and parents with children are 50, Bicyclers are worth 100 points.
Keep a tally!! high scores are important!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post