• 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Nothing makes sense
Yeah. If the dot is not in a locality it's no longer a dot ;D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(01-02-2014 08:28 PM)donotwant Wrote:  What I'm saying is that you need to understand something in order to talk about it. But quantum physics is understood by only few and majority often makes stuff up on the fly.

... aaaaand you are prompted to mention that here for what reason, now?

Granting that may be true, I'm not sure I see the point.

(01-02-2014 08:28 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I often hear fantasies about thermodynamics for example.

Okay.

... this is my signature!
02-02-2014, 12:27 AM
(01-02-2014 08:22 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I love how most of people who talk about quantum mechanics got no idea what it is and how it works Big Grin

cjlr is a physicist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
02-02-2014, 02:39 AM
(02-02-2014 12:27 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 08:22 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I love how most of people who talk about quantum mechanics got no idea what it is and how it works Big Grin

cjlr is a physicist.

But not a very good one. He still hasn't got around to disproving my Big Ripple Theory.

He's a lazy fizzy cyst.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-02-2014, 04:50 AM
(01-02-2014 08:22 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 08:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Quantum mechanics.

(sort of)

I love how most of people who talk about quantum mechanics got no idea what it is and how it works Big Grin

I once read a book by Deepak Chopra, so please speak for yourself. Deepak taught me everything I need from transcendental conscious quantum superposition's which create my reality to I've been bozoned & Femionmented. Big Grin

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
(01-02-2014 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 06:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you mean. If the localities tessellate then they have been "tiled" with polygons. The polygons have edges that meet other edges. The boundary between the localities is legislated and defined in termed of lat/long. The series of lat/long coordinates that define the boundary will land on the intersection of polygons from locality A and polygons from locality B. They will not land on the actual boundary because we defined it to have zero extension but the polygons that form the tessellations still have edges and the coordinates will land on the the edges.

Somehow we seem to be talking past each other?

In my model, there is no point on a boundary. Boundaries are lines, and lines have zero width. Any point chosen lies in a locality.

Maybe that is not the way GIS databases are defined, but they certainly could be. I should ask my brother, he's in that business.Consider

I'm probably missing something, but so what if lines have zero width? Points also have zero width. In a mathematical coordinate system, any line or curve that you can define will contain an infinite number of points that are "on" that line. Suppose that the four quadrants are areas, and the axes are the bounday lines. You seem to be claiming that points such as (0,5) or (3,0) or (0,0) do not exist -- that it's impossible to have a point on a boundary. But it clearly is possible, and those points clearly do exist.

To consider a geographical example, much of the US/Canada border lies on the 49th parallel. In that area, points in the US have latitudes less than 49, points in Canada have latitudes greater than 49, and points with latitude 49 are on the border -- they are either in both countries or in neither country. Are you claiming that there are no points with latitude 49, just because there happens to be a border there? If so, I strongly disagree.

But then again, I may be totally misunderstanding the whole argument.