Nothing vs. Infinity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: Nothing vs. Infinity
If I come over and drink all your booze and hand you the empty bottle and say "have a drink", you will say: "there is nothing in the bottle". So now if I throw the bottle away, I throw nothing away. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 06:16 PM
(08-11-2013 06:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  If I come over and drink all your booze and hand you the empty bottle and say "have a drink", you will say: "there is nothing in the bottle". So now if I throw the bottle away, I throw nothing away. Tongue

If you drink all my booze we might have to make a last minute trip to the ER.
08-11-2013, 06:20 PM
(08-11-2013 06:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 06:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  If I come over and drink all your booze and hand you the empty bottle and say "have a drink", you will say: "there is nothing in the bottle". So now if I throw the bottle away, I throw nothing away. Tongue

If you drink all my booze we might have to make a last minute trip to the ER.

Naw, I always bring a bottle as gift when I go someplace to drink.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
(08-11-2013 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 06:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  If you drink all my booze we might have to make a last minute trip to the ER.

Naw, I always bring a bottle as gift when I go someplace to drink.

Lol. I didn't mean because I was going like beat you up or something lol! I meant because my liquor cabinet is pretty full right now. That's a lot of booze for one person.
08-11-2013, 06:31 PM
(08-11-2013 06:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Naw, I always bring a bottle as gift when I go someplace to drink.

Lol. I didn't mean because I was going like beat you up or something lol! I meant because my liquor cabinet is pretty full right now. That's a lot of booze for one person.

Oh, I thought you would beat me to a pulp! All's good then, I only needed one bottle with nothing in it.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Identity creates differentiation forming a segment of reality bound by void and the infinite, yet one is equivalent to the other. Big Grin

It is one's hold on identity that clouds conception.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-11-2013, 07:03 PM
(08-11-2013 06:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Identity creates differentiation forming a segment of reality bound by void and the infinite, yet one is equivalent to the other. Big Grin

That's funny. What I was going to write before I thought of nothing in bottles, was that infinity exists before I was born and after I die, but not now. I think that is what you were saying too.

08-11-2013, 07:17 PM
(08-11-2013 06:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Identity creates differentiation forming a segment of reality bound by void and the infinite, yet one is equivalent to the other. Big Grin

So what if we attempt to ponder outside of our identified concepts?

(or am I just farting in the wind here?)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-11-2013, 07:47 PM
I suppose it wouldn't help to point out that there are different sizes of infinity?

But either way, they're abstracted ideals. I mean, let me know if you find one in real life, but I won't wait up.

... this is my signature!
08-11-2013, 07:52 PM
(08-11-2013 07:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I suppose it wouldn't help to point out that there are different sizes of infinity?

Dah fuq? Really?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco