Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management
(10-11-2014 08:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh, and A2.... alls I can say is I'm glad you're in my corner. You're fierce brother.

I hope thats a compliment! Undecided

Sorry if I came off as too hostile, guys.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
10-11-2014, 08:40 PM
(10-11-2014 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's been touched on but I think it's important to remember that it's okay to disagree. It's okay to disagree with one another and it's okay to disagree with the forum team and/or admin.

It takes different perspectives to look at things in order to reach balance.

If we are at the point where disagreements or questions are ignored or seen as rabble rousing we become no better than the sheeple that we don't want to be.

This doesn't mean that our personal point of view on an issue will be the resulting solution. It's important for the views of the members here to be heard. Being ignored regarding an issue is insulting and diminishes a member's desire to contribute.

Questions deserve an answer, even if the answer is 'I don't know'.

The bolded is something I stress as well. Fostering discussion is a must.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
10-11-2014, 08:44 PM
(10-11-2014 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's been touched on but I think it's important to remember that it's okay to disagree. It's okay to disagree with one another and it's okay to disagree with the forum team and/or admin.

It takes different perspectives to look at things in order to reach balance.

If we are at the point where disagreements or questions are ignored or seen as rabble rousing we become no better than the sheeple that we don't want to be.

This doesn't mean that our personal point of view on an issue will be the resulting solution. It's important for the views of the members here to be heard. Being ignored regarding an issue is insulting and diminishes a member's desire to contribute.

Questions deserve an answer, even if the answer is 'I don't know'.

This, so much this ^

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-11-2014, 08:47 PM
I would like to add that what is often seen as 'bitching' is the result of frustration. It's an attempt to get some sort of response.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-11-2014, 09:19 PM
(10-11-2014 08:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would like to add that what is often seen as 'bitching' is the result of frustration. It's an attempt to get some sort of response.

Agreed. I'm on board with change, it's needed. That is obvious. What I don't like is change without transparency. I know there is a ton of debate and aggravation and give and take behind the scenes, and I appreciate the effort and frustration it takes to come to the decisions the FT makes. I'm not privy to them, nor do I need or expect to be.

What I do expect is a reason behind a change. I don't like questions about changes being blown off or avoided, which I feel is happening. If there is a change, there should be a good reason for it and like A2 said, I'd like to think that we're all adult enough to be leveled with.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
10-11-2014, 09:50 PM
What questions are being blown off or avoided?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I wasn't referring to now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Stark, fwiw I'm glad you've taken over. I feel like you've been very open, honest, and present. I don't currently have any lingering questions. Thanks a lot for stepping in. Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry. I was referring to this, just to be clear:

(10-11-2014 09:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What I do expect is a reason behind a change. I don't like questions about changes being blown off or avoided, which I feel is happening.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-11-2014, 10:06 PM
(10-11-2014 09:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What questions are being blown off or avoided?

In general it's what I see happen time and time again when these conversations are had here between the FT and the regular members. The arguments go back and forth and I know that a lot of it is due to the fact that there are multiple people posting about different angles of the issue and it's easy to lose track. But I've seen many times in the past that issues are simply bounced around enough until the horse drops dead and nobody really gives answers, or gets answers to the questions they had.

Just an observation.

Specifically? I've made an issue of why the vet section was done away with, and have not received any an answer as to why. I'm not mad, bro. If it needs to go in order to help out the forum then it needs to go. I can respect that. I was just curious as to the why.

Can a man get an answer to his question?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco