Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 07:20 AM
RE: Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management
(09-11-2014 07:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 06:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh now, you know how much Girly likes to play "unwrap your gift" during the holidays.

Wait, were you talking about the forum changes Consider

*Fuck you're fast, you changed your post Angry

*Prove it. Drinking Beverage

Very Wicked of you Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 07:37 AM
(08-11-2014 09:40 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 09:36 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Your PMs were affected?!

That's what you said would happen? Oh wait… I am not that category, I am exstaff. Is that different? Just checked, I'm at 99% (like Ive been for a couple weeks) so nothing changed actually.

My PMs are now at 100%. As Ex-staff and contributor, don't I get the higher limit?

I'd send a PM, but ... Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
In case you guys didn't already know this, you don't need to delete your PMs forever in order to clear up space. There's an option called "Download Messages" next to the "X% of PM space used" bar.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
09-11-2014, 08:28 AM
(09-11-2014 08:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  In case you guys didn't already know this, you don't need to delete your PMs forever in order to clear up space. There's an option called "Download Messages" next to the "X% of PM space used" bar.

Aha thanks for that! I didn't know that.
09-11-2014, 08:30 AM
"Let me take this opportunity to remind you...if you have a problem with the forum DO NOT EMAIL SETH. I know of at least a few who will anyways, but rest assured, Seth and I are on the same page."

Hmm...perhaps a forum name change would help.

Deep Thought's Atheistic Narnia perhaps.

Or..... Atheists Who Only Email Stark Forums....
Laugh out load

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
09-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Well if you have an issue with the way the forum is being run then clearly the best option is to go direct to the sites owner Seth. Since this whole thing was kicked off by issues with the forum team in the first place. And getting Seth involved seems to be the only way to get anything done regarding the way the forum is run. Its worked twice now.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
09-11-2014, 10:55 AM
(08-11-2014 10:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 09:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  DT pays for the forum.

This little known fact cannot be stressed enough.

False. DeepThought does not pay for the forum. Not sure where you got that information, but your source is mistaken.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
09-11-2014, 10:58 AM
AW: RE: Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management
(09-11-2014 10:55 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 10:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This little known fact cannot be stressed enough.

False. DeepThought does not pay for the forum. Not sure where you got that information, but your source is mistaken.
He himself said so. Are you calling him a liar?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I spoke to Seth directly about it. Are you calling Seth a liar?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
09-11-2014, 11:14 AM
(09-11-2014 10:49 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Well if you have an issue with the way the forum is being run then clearly the best option is to go direct to the sites owner Seth. Since this whole thing was kicked off by issues with the forum team in the first place. And getting Seth involved seems to be the only way to get anything done regarding the way the forum is run. Its worked twice now.

Seth gave us this place as a place to discuss our beliefs, lack of beliefs, and then some; not so we can bitch and piss everywhere, and then email him bitching and pissing more. Most of the people on this site are intelligent adults who should be able to handle things themselves when certain problems materialize. Seth put Stark in charge when this place first hit it off because he obviously doesn't have time to look over this place himself. He's a busy guy, I assume. I mean, look at this bustling foundation he's created. He trusted Stark in the very beginning and he trusts Stark now because he simply can't handle the piss and shit that occasionally goes down here. So he sends his best man, his Knight in Herb Coloured Armor, to do it for him. Pretty sure that's why Stark included the statement about not emailing Seth. Seth doesn't have much time for it AND it makes everyone here look like children who can't follow the forum big man's rules: that person being Stark. It makes us look like we have no respect for benevolent authority. We're not babies here. We're adults. We shouldn't have to run to the "Almighty Creator" when shit hit the fans. In the end, however, we do have someone dependable and fair that we can count on. Someone with an established personality with the community. Can't see why anyone would be unhappy with that.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post