Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Notice Regarding Changes in Forum Management
I am well aware of the history of the forum Ferdi. My point is that for the two biggest changes to the way the forum is run took Seth being contacted and stepping in in some way, because the FT has always been more concerned about preserving some long dead idealised vision of what the forum used to be rather than waking up and seeing what its become.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
(09-11-2014 11:04 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I spoke to Seth directly about it. Are you calling Seth a liar?
Read it for yourself: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid589505

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
I doubt that anyone will feel the need to turn to Seth with Stark in charge.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-11-2014, 11:22 AM
(09-11-2014 11:19 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I am well aware of the history of the forum Ferdi. My point is that for the two biggest changes to the way the forum is run took Seth being contacted and stepping because the FT has always been more concerned about preserving some long dead idealised vision of what the forum used to be rather than waking up and seeing what its become.

You're right there. That's something the forum team needs to grow out of, and maybe the forum team we have now, or future team members, will grow out of that. We're not children, we're adults. Sometimes change is needed and we can't be too scared to do something that would make a difference.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
(09-11-2014 11:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I doubt that anyone will feel the need to turn to Seth with Stark in charge.

Honestly though that's a disappointing statement because it shows a lot of us have lack of respect for authority. It makes us sound like children to say we would listen to one benevolent, respected member over another member who is also benevolent, respected, known and considerate.
09-11-2014, 11:27 AM
(09-11-2014 11:26 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 11:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I doubt that anyone will feel the need to turn to Seth with Stark in charge.

Honestly though that's a disappointing statement because it shows a lot of us have lack of respect for authority. It makes us sound like children to say we would listen to one benevolent, respected member over another member who is also benevolent, respected, known and considerate.

Respect is earned.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Why do these shakeups never seem to involve giving me more power?

Consider

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
09-11-2014, 11:33 AM
(09-11-2014 11:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 11:26 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Honestly though that's a disappointing statement because it shows a lot of us have lack of respect for authority. It makes us sound like children to say we would listen to one benevolent, respected member over another member who is also benevolent, respected, known and considerate.

Respect is earned.

All of the former admins earned respect from me. Except one, that I wasn't around to get to know.
09-11-2014, 11:33 AM
(09-11-2014 11:28 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Why do these shakeups never seem to involve giving me more power?

Consider

Didn't anybody tell you? This is a term position. You'll be expected to take over for me just as soon as I get everything screwed up enough to be beyond repair.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-11-2014, 11:39 AM
(09-11-2014 11:33 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 11:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Respect is earned.

All of the former admins earned respect from me. Except one, that I wasn't around to get to know.

You have every right to your opinion. As do I.